Word of the Day, May 30, 2017, II Timothy 2:15

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, May 30, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, May 30, 2017

“ The Bible stands like a rock undaunted ’Mid the raging storms of time; Its pages burn with the truth eternal, And they glow with a light sublime. The Bible stands though the hills may tumble, It will firmly stand when the earth shall crumble; I will plant my feet on its firm foundation, for the Bible stands.”

2 Timothy 2:15

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Hope everybody had a great Memorial Day Weekend. Today I would like to speak to the Christians that read the Word of the Day. I want to talk about our personal relationship with GOD Almighty and the reading and studying of His Word daily. Here is the question of the day. What is the role of the Bible in your life?

So let me first speak for myself about reading the Word of GOD. When I first became a Christian, I did not read the Bible. I let the preacher men teach me what it said. I once sat down on a Sunday afternoon and read the whole chapter of Revelation and that was my Bible reading for over 15 years of being a believer. Finally, eight years ago it took me over 2 years to read through the Word of GOD completely.

In the last month or so as I have traveled and also locally here at home I have had people say they know Christ and this is what they say or believe about the Bible and reading it.

“ I never read my Bible. I have read some but not all of it. Is the Bible true or relevant today? I am not very good sharing GOD’s Words to people because I have never read the Bible. I’m not smart enough to tell people where in the Bible that verse is. I have started to read the whole Bible but I have never finish it. I don’t have the time to read it always. My church does not tell us to read the Bible. Which version do I read? I read it once and that is enough right? I know that is in the Bible, but I do not agree with that. My GOD is the same god for the Muslims, Buddhists, Hinduism, or any other religion know to man.” These are all real statements, questions and comments I have heard in the last month.

Do you know why people make these comments? Because they do not read or study the Bible. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. 2 Timothy 2:16. Another reason people say this is because preachers are not preaching the Word of GOD but changing for their own beliefs and man made religions make up rules and traditions that have nothing to do with the Word of GOD.

Today we have over 110 versions of the Bible in just the English language. Many have added different books, deleted verses, changed words or make doctrines out of these incorrect Bible versions.

How do we know what is right? By reading and studying the Word of GOD daily. Many profess to be Christians and we are not even reading His Word.

So today, not tomorrow, I want to encourage you to read your Bible. Don’t wait. Start small, a chapter a day or maybe even a few verses a day and then grow in your reading and maybe get to a Bible plan via the many Bible apps out there today that will guide you through the Bible in a year. Please know this, it is the only Book that can truly change you. I guarantee, that after studying His Holy Scriptures, you will in no time be able to share His Word to everyone that you have the opportunity too. Seek His Word today.

I always finish with a song and here is a song that my kids learned at school and church. Hear are the lyrics to that song. J

"Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth and First and Second Samuel, First and Second Kings and First and Second Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Job, and now the Book of Psalms; Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea; Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah and then comes Malachi;

Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, First and Second Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, First and Second Thessalonians; First and Second Timothy, Titus, and Philemon, Hebrews, and then James, First and Second Peter, First, Second and Third John, Jude, Revelation, Ends the Word of God."

Timothy P. Furness