Word of the Day, November 1, 2017, Psalm 145:8

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, November 1, 2017

“Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now, I see.

Psalm 145:8

8 The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.

I was talking with a man the other day that was filled with anger. I see people daily that are just mad at the world and everyone in it. I used to get angry often before Christ became first in my life.

Are you angry? Are you angry with someone? Are you angry with yourself? Do you explode with angry over small things? Are you angry more than being happy?

The first part of the Word of the Day is for believers. What does the Word of GOD say about angry.

Nehemiah 9:17: 17 And refused to obey, neither were mindful of thy wonders that thou didst among them; but hardened their necks, and in their rebellion appointed a captain to return to their bondage: but thou art a God ready to pardon, gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and forsookest them not.

Psalm 30:5: 5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

James 1:19-20: 19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: 20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

Ecclesiastes 7:9: 9 Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.

As believers, we know that GOD is slow to anger and we should also be slow to anger. Why do we let anger take over us and take joy from us? We must be slow to anger and remember that joy comes in the morning. Maybe if we will be swift to hear and slow to speak our anger will be delayed. Our wrath against man is not of any form of righteousness of GOD. The word of GOD tells us we are fools for having anger.

The second part of the Word of the Day is for those that do not know Christ as their personal LORD and Saviour. Do you get mad easily? Do you stay angry? Does your anger affect your relationships? (Let me say this, this is true of believer also)

As I studied the Word, I learned that I needed to shed my anger. That can only come by the filling of the Holy Spirit. Peace comes from GOD and not us or someone else. By accepting Christ as your Saviour, Oh, what peace when for finally decide this. If we respond with joy and not anger, things will be much better through Christ.

Proverbs 15:17-18: 17 Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith. 18 A wrathful man stirreth up strife: but he that is slow to anger appeaseth strife.

Proverbs 14:17: 17 He that is soon angry dealeth foolishly: and a man of wicked devices is hated.

Proverbs 15:1: 1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Ephesians 4:26: 26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

Proverbs 19:11: 11 The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression.

So here is some good counsel that we can all heed. If you can’t watch the news without yelling back at the TV, stop watching the news. If you team looses, don’t get mad. If you can’t be with someone without getting angry at them, give it a break. If when you hear something you don’t like, just stop listening instead of getting mad.

I’ll finish with GOD’s words spoken through Paul: 31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:31-32

If we could follow these wise words, be kind to everyone, be tenderhearted to your fellow mankind, forgive others like Christ forgave us, what a better life would be had by all and GOD will get the glory He deserves.

“ Who am I, that the eyes that see my sin. Would look on me with love and watch me rise again? Who am I, that the voice that calmed the sea, would call out through the rain and calm the storm in me?”

Timothy P. Furness