Word of the Day, November 15, 2017, Colossians 1:13-20

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, November 15, 2017

“ Through every trial my soul will sing. No turning back. I've been set free. Christ is enough for me. Christ is enough for me. Everything I need is in You, Everything I need.”

Colossians 1:13-20

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Paul shares with the Colossians the Deity of Christ in this chapter. If you stop and read this, wow, what an explanation of Jesus Christ. Deity means the rank or essential nature of GOD: a GOD or Goddess: one exalted or revered as supremely good or powerful.

Let’s look at these words that Paul uses to describe Christ. He is the image of the invisible GOD and has delivered us from the bondage of sin and saved us into His kingdom if you seek Him. Paul tells us again through the blood of Jesus Christ we have redemption and even forgiveness of our sins. Christ is the firstborn over every creature and all things were created by Him and for Him. Everything in heaven, the earth, visible or invisible, all thrones and dominions, principalities or power was for Him.

If you stop and read verse 16, I think this helps you understand John 3:16 even better. For GOD SO LOVED the world, that HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON. Everything was created for Christ and GOD loved us so much that He was willing to give us His son to die for our sins. Thank you Father GOD for loving me enough to send your Son to die to cover my sins.

Paul share with us that Christ is before all things and by Him all things consist. Christ is the head of the body, the church and is the beginning and the first begotten from the dead. The new creation began from Him and in Him. Christ is first of all in time.

In Christ, all fullness dwells and through Jesus Christ our LORD and Saviour, all things are reconciled unto Himself, by Him for all things in earth or things in heaven.

Paul finishes off this letter to the Colossians from prison with verse 27: “ To whom GOD would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.” The essence of Paul’s letter is that Christ is the Head of the Universe. In Him all the fullness of the Deity lives in a bodily form and in Him, we have been given the fullness brought to perfection. Christ is the head over every power and authority.

We must approach Christ directly, not through intermediaries, not even through angels. Christ Himself, not through religions or philosophy or some set of rules made up by man. If your religion or your beliefs points to someone or something other and not to Christ Jesus, you are in a false religion. Christ is our wisdom, our life, our Hope of Glory. As a Christian, we must essentially love Him and live in Him, a Person, a glorious, divine person through whom the universe was created for and in whom is sufficient redemption and are eternal perfection for us. Christ in us is our Hope of Glory.

“ I have decided to follow Jesus. No turning back. No turning back. The cross before me. The world behind me. No turning back. No turning back.”

Timothy P. Furness

Dots87 likes this.