Word of the Day, November 2, 2017, Proverbs 28:13

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, November 2, 2017

“ Oh what a savior. Isn't He wonderful? Sing hallelujah, Christ is risen. Bow down before Him for He is Lord of all. Sing Hallelujah, Christ is risen. O come to the altar the Father's arms are open wide. Forgiveness was bought with the precious blood of Jesus Christ.”

Proverbs 28:13

13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

When I get my verse or verses for the day from the KJV online site, this is what it said about verse 13: “ It is folly to indulge sin, and excuse it. He, who covers his sins, shall not have any true peace. He, who humbly confesses his sins, with true repentance and faith, shall find mercy from God. The Son of God is our great atonement. Under a deep sense of our guilt and danger, we may claim salvation from that mercy which reigns through righteousness unto eternal life, by Jesus Christ our Lord.” With this statement, I could stop writing today’s WOD. But I will go on…

Do we know what the first thing we need to do? Recognized what sin is. How do we know this? By reading the Word of GOD everyday. Remember, Repent & Repeat was a message that was preached awhile back at one of our Tuesday Men’s Prayer Night. As Christians, we should know what sin is and strive not to sin as we grow closer to our LORD and Saviour. As we do grow closer in our relationship with Christ, we need to remember what sin is and then repent when we have sin as quickly as we can. If necessary, we need to repeat this process again. However, our hearts desire should be to never sin again and our desire should diminish to keep repeating the same sin over and over again.

As I have shared GOD to people over the years I have often heard people say to me that your Christians think you are better than them. My response is often that no, we are worst because we do know what sin is and still continue to sin even though we know what not to do. Remember, repent and repeat! They say churches are filled with hypocrites (and also everywhere else we go) and yes they are but the church is a hospital for sinners. When we are sick, we go to the hospital, when we are sinning, we should go to be in church at the alter laying it at Jesus’ feet and asking forgiveness.

I can speak from experience that when my life has sin in it, there is no peace; no true joy and it can only come with righteousness first. Romans 14:17 states; “ For the kingdom of GOD is not meat and drink; but RIGHTEOUSNESS, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.” Matthew 6:33 share with us; “ But seek ye FIRST the kingdom of GOD, and His RIGHTEOUSNESS; and all these things shall be added unto you.”

1 John 1:9: 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

With confession come mercies from GOD. With righteousness comes joy and peace in our lives. As believers, we need to remember what sins are, we need to repent to GOD and if needed, and it will be needed, to repeat as often as we sin. As those that are not believers, no matter what you have done, there is peace and joy after confession of our sins to GOD and you to can experience the saving grace of Christ Jesus, our Lord and Saviour.

“ We all start on the outside. The outside looking in. This is where grace begins. We were hungry, we were thirsty with nothing left to give. Oh the shape that we were in just when all hope seemed lost. Love opened the door for us. He said come to the table. Come join the sinners who have been redeemed. Take your place beside the Savior now. Sit down and be set free. Come to the table.”

Timothy P. Furness