Word of the Day, November 21, 2017, Psalm 95:2-3

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, November 21, 2017

“ Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow; Praise Him, all creatures here below; Praise Him above, ye heav’nly host; Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.”

Psalm 95:2-3

2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.

3 For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods.

Thanksgiving is just a few days away and there is much to be thankful for. We may be going through a trial, a tough time or sickness, or even the lost of a love one or a dear friend, but we need to remember to give GOD all the glory. Are we willing to follow GOD no matter what? Are we willing to follow Him even though our prayers are not answered the way we want them to be? Are we willing to make a joyful noise unto our Father GOD no matter what?

At Sunday’s service, my pastor said that whenever we come into GOD’s presence, we must come with thanksgiving. We are to praise Him always. We need to remember who GOD is, GOD Alone, Almighty, Jehovah, Creator, Everlasting, Father and not just someone that we see on Sunday. He is the one true Authority.

Psalm 30:12: 12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

Do we believe these verses above? Do we wake up and go to sleep making a joyful noise to GOD? Do we believe that He is a GREAT GOD and a GREAT King above all of our other gods in our lives? We need to remember to have no other gods but GOD Himself.

1 Chronicles 16:34: 34 O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.

If we are thankful for GOD, then let us worship and bow down to Him, let us kneel before the LORD our maker, for He is our GOD and we are the people of His pastures and the sheep of His Hand. Is GOD our rock, our fortress, our deliverer, our strength, in whom we trust, our buckler, our salvation, the horn of our salvation and our high tower?

Psalm 28:7: 7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Who is the King of glory to us? To me, the LORD of Host is the King of Glory, GOD our Father. I would like to encourage us all to start each morning with a conversation with our GOD, first coming to Him with thanksgiving and to ask Him how we can serve Him each and everyday and then finish our day with a thanksgiving heart to thank Him for all that happened today, good and bad. I would also encourage us to do this throughout our day. Today, I give thanks unto GOD of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

“ I see the Lord seated on the throne exalted, and the train of His robe. Fills the temple with glory and the whole earth is filled, and the whole earth is filled, and the whole earth is filled with His glory.”

Timothy P. Furness

DTHUR likes this.