Word of the Day, November 27, 2017, Psalm 9:9-10

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, November 27, 2017

“ We stand and lift up our hands for the joy of the Lord is our strength. We bow down and worship Him now. How great, how awesome is He and together we sing. Holy is the Lord God Almighty. The earth is filled with His glory. Holy is the Lord God Almighty. The earth is filled with His glory. The earth is filled with His glory.”

Psalm 9:9-10:

9 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.

10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

A question for you this morning. Have you ever felt deserted by love ones, family or dear friends? A dear friend said this to me when we first met that I should not put my trust in him because he is just a man and that someday he will fail me, make a mistake but to trust in the LORD because He is the only one we can trust. So far my dear friend has not let me down yet. Thank you Father GOD for bring my dear friend and brother in Christ into my life.

Psalm 94:14: 14 For the LORD will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance.

Do you call on Him? As believers, GOD promises us that He will never forsake us.

Matthew 28:20: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Christ promises us that He will always be with us to the end of the world.

Isaiah 62:4: 4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.

II Corinthians 4:8-9: 8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

Life is not a bowl of cherries always but with Christ in our lives we will not be forsaken nor destroyed.

Deuteronomy 4:31: 31 (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Isaiah 41:17: 17 When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the LORD will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them.

As a child of GOD, our Father is merciful, not forgetting His promises to never forsake us. Seek Him for that relationship that is unlike any human relationship that will always let you down at some point.

Psalm 91:14: 14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

Our Father GOD knows our name. That always amazes me. He knows me, Tim and if you know Him He knows your name too.

Deuteronomy 31:6: 6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

I might take some abuse for this statement. However, the Word of GOD is clear on this; family is important; friends are important; good relationships here on earth are important and as believers we can show Christ through our earthy relationships; however there is no relationship more important than our relationship with GOD our Father Almighty. None! If this relationship with Christ is right and the following of the Holy Spirit, our relationships with family and friends have a better chance of being a relationship that glorifies GOD. Trust in Him alone and no matter what is going on with your relationships with families or friends, GOD will not forsake you. Thank You Abba Father for knowing my name!

“ I need thee every hour most gracious Lord. No tender voice like thine can peace afford. I need thee oh I need thee . Every hour I need thee. Oh bless me now my savior I come to thee.”

Timothy P. Furness

Buffalo Howler likes this.
  2. Buffalo Howler

Buffalo Howler Senior Refuge Member

Thanks Tim. I needed this today.

3. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Amen Brother. GOD always knows what we need!