Word of the Day, November 28, 2017, Matthew 28, 18-20

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, November 28, 2017

“ There is not a mother, sister, friend, or brother loves the way that Jesus can. He proved His love for me when He died on Calvary. He gave His life for fallen man. His love (His love) is a boundless love and it reaches down and touches me. His love (He love) is an endless love that will last for all eternity.”

Matthew 28:18-20:

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

So as Christians, are we following the Word of GOD? Are we teaching or sharing the Gospel of Christ’s gift of salvation to all the nations? Ok, we all might not be called to the uttermost parts of the earth but we can share Christ to our own nation, our family, friends and neighbors.

How do we do this? In my line of business, I teach a lot of classes for the products I sell. I learned how to do that by studying my products, industries standards and regulations and how they work in the field and how to apply them safely. That came from someone teaching me, by keeping up to date on the industry, new trends, continuous studying and going to tradeshows and conferences to hear other professionals within my industry.

As Christians, we need to do this also. First thing we need to do is be in the Word of GOD daily. We need to get to a Bible Study/Life Group to share and learn the Bible with others likeminded Christians. We need to be discipled by other Christians that know the Scriptures better than we do and to have a mentor/accountability partner to dive deep into GOD’s Holy Book and to get to a good Bible preaching church to be ministered to weekly.

Mark 16:15-16: 15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

We all have a testimony to share right? Share it today. GOD gave us this testimony to glorify HIM and what He has done in our lives. I love to hear believer’s testimony on how Christ changed their life. How GOD took away the burden, the sin, the depression, the addiction, the gods we serve, the yoke around our necks, the filth that filled us daily, the sins that consumed us. Only by Christ alone can this happen. No other book can change lives like the Word of GOD. So why do we keep this to ourselves?

Acts 1:8: 8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Dan Jalowiec, missionary to Zambia, Africa is telling the uttermost parts of the world. A few years ago when he was home, he gave a charge for our Tuesday Night Men’s Prayer Group that when he walks into Wegmans (or anywhere) each week while home that he stops, looks around to see who the Holy Spirit guides him to talk to, to somehow touch them with light of Jesus Christ, to pray for them and their needs, to be able to share the gospel and the love of Christ. That is not the uttermost parts of the earth, this is right there in his Jerusalem, his Judaea and his Samaria, his location no matter where he is. This is a great example of the verses above. We need to be a teacher, a preacher and a witness for Christ.

Are we making our families and friends our Jerusalem, our workplace our Judaea and our neighborhoods our Samaria. Christ tells us with the Great Commission to go therefore telling everyone about the Gospel of Christ, the life changing touch that Christ has on you once you accept Him as your personal Lord and Saviour and that He will be with you always. Get out there today!

“ Here we stand now in Your name. You've changed our hearts, we're not the same. Your love has captured all we are. Oh Lamb of God, Sweet Morning Star. Where I belong and You will be. Where all of You is all of me. Boundless Love.”

Timothy P. Furness

duckme and bsr1 like this.