Word of the Day, November 6, 2017, Ecclesiastes 12:13

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, November 6, 2017

“ Our God is an awesome God. He reigns from heaven above with wisdom, power, and love. Our God is an awesome God.”

Ecclesiastes 12:13

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

“ The conclusion - The sum of all that hath been said or written by wise men. Fear God - Which is put here, for all the inward worship of God, reverence, and love, and trust, and a devotedness of heart to serve and please him. The whole - It is his whole work and business, his whole perfection and happiness; it is the sum of what he need either know, or do, or enjoy.” (Notes and Commentary from my KJV Bible)

GOD has not answered every problem of our lives, however, He has commanded us to live joyfully, responsibly and wisely. Finally, the controlling factor of all of our life should be the fear of GOD, that is submission to GOD and His revelation.

Proverbs 1:7: 7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

My Pastor just finished a series on the Book of Joshua. The last chapter, Chapter 24 contains verse 15: 15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

As I listen to him preach it made me think about the trials that many of our members have gone through. Sickness, death of love ones, loss of children to drugs, alcohol, sexual addictions, prison, marriages destroyed, families destroyed, loss of a job or a trial that tested their relationship with GOD.

As I looked around the church, I saw so many people that no matter what has happened in their lives, that before, during and after their trial gave GOD ALL the GLORY.

Solomon, the man that had everything including the greatest wisdom at the end of his life figured it all out. We are to fear GOD, keep His commandments and that is our sole purpose.

Joshua, before his death, gathered the Israelites and preached his final message and told them that for his house and family, he was going to serve the LORD, to incline their hearts unto the LORD GOD of Israel and the people said, The LORD our God will we serve, and his voice will we obey.

If you have ever been through a trial, you can share how GOD was all over it with you. Things that cannot be explained, things that do not make any logical sense and how GOD has used people to touch you and to help you make it through to the other end of this trial in your life. GOD is alive if you choose Him. Thank you Father GOD for my trial!

For me and my house, we choose to serve Him and fear Him forever!

“ Faithful to the cross, faithful to his call laying down my life, surrendering my all forgetting what's behind me and counting it as loss faithful to the finish, faithful to the cross.”

Timothy P. Furness