Word of the Day, October 10, 2017, Esther 8:1-8

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, October 10, 2017

“ We need no other hiding place. Our hope is safe within Your name. This we know, this we know You promised never to forsake. What You began You will sustain this we know, this we know. I will call upon the Lord for He alone is strong enough to save. Rise, your shackles are no more for Jesus Christ has broken every chain.”

Esther 8:1-8

1 On that day did the king Ahasuerus give the house of Haman the Jews' enemy unto Esther the queen. And Mordecai came before the king; for Esther had told what he was unto her.

2 And the king took off his ring, which he had taken from Haman, and gave it unto Mordecai. And Esther set Mordecai over the house of Haman.

3 And Esther spake yet again before the king, and fell down at his feet, and besought him with tears to put away the mischief of Haman the Agagite, and his device that he had devised against the Jews.

4 Then the king held out the golden sceptre toward Esther. So Esther arose, and stood before the king,

5 And said, If it please the king, and if I have found favour in his sight, and the thing seem right before the king, and I be pleasing in his eyes, let it be written to reverse the letters devised by Haman the son of Hammedatha the Agagite, which he wrote to destroy the Jews which are in all the king's provinces:

6 For how can I endure to see the evil that shall come unto my people? or how can I endure to see the destruction of my kindred?

7 Then the king Ahasuerus said unto Esther the queen and to Mordecai the Jew, Behold, I have given Esther the house of Haman, and him they have hanged upon the gallows, because he laid his hand upon the Jews.

8 Write ye also for the Jews, as it liketh you, in the king's name, and seal it with the king's ring: for the writing which is written in the king's name, and sealed with the king's ring, may no man reverse.

Last week I was in Louisville KY for a trade show and in my daily reading plan we were reading the Book of Esther. As I read, I asked myself how does GOD work in the world? He can use Natural Order, Miracles or Providence. GOD surely used Esther to save His people. Let me share how GOD uses Esther just like He has done by working through Natural orders, Miracles or Providence.

Natural Order: GOD set into action through His creation a normal working of His universe. The universe is such a complex system that just works perfectly. GOD can also revealed His expectations of people through His Word and mankind’s consciences.

Natural Order: Esther was given natural beauty from GOD. Esther planned a way to save her people, just like GOD.

Miracles: GOD can break into the natural order to respond to the expressed needs of His people.

Miracles: Esther was allowed by GOD to speak to the King and the people prayed and fasted to help the Jews.

Providence: GOD will overrule the natural order to accomplish what He wants even if we have requested it or not.

Providence: With Esther, GOD allowed Mordecai to overhear a plot and Mordecia trusted GOD to accomplish what was impossible for him or in human terms to accomplish or understand.

What can we learn from this? When we want something done we can either plan, pray, trust and obey or we can disobey, demand or be in despair.

If we plan, we can make plan’s based on the order and dependability of GOD’s creation and natural order. We need to know and obey His words or we can disobey and violate the natural order and disobey GOD’s commandments.

We can pray and ask GOD to intervene is our affairs while we yet realize that our knowledge and perspective our limited, at a human level and not at a Godly level. If we demand GOD to answer our request, we cannot understand what is needed and we expect GOD to agree to answer our prayers the way we want or we need understand the way that GOD sees it or wants us to do. More of thee and less of me.

This next thing that we need to do is to Trust and Obey. We can trust that GOD is in control even when circumstances seem to indicate that He is not. GOD is always in control and not us. The sooner we get that the better we will be. Trust in the LORD. Proverbs 3:5-7 would be a great read for today.

We can have despair. We can assume GOD doesn’t answer our prayers or respond to our needs and we start to believe that there is nothing but the natural order. Not so, GOD can do anything and everything that He wants.

Esther did not expect earthly rewards for being faithful to GOD, but she knew that GOD could and that they often come in the unexpected ways. Esther and Mordecai were faithful and even to the point of risking their own lives for the Jewish people. They both were willing to give up everything and GOD rewarded in proportion to their commitment and let me say all out commitment and GOD did it in ways that they could not foreseen.

Do we have the faith in GOD that Esther had. We should know that GOD could do anything He wants for us. Are we willing to loss to gain in Christ.

“ The atmosphere is changing now. For the Spirit of the Lord is here. The evidence is all around that the Spirit of the Lord is here. The atmosphere is changing now for the Spirit of the Lord is here. The evidence is all around that the Spirit of the Lord is here.”

Timothy P. Furness