Word of the Day, October 16, 2017, Genesis 1:1

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, October 16, 2017

“ All the worlds that You've created burst in life and beautiful display and it's all for You. Earth to sky to You surrender. All creation rises at Your name. Yea it's all for You. It's all for You. It's all for You.”

Genesis 1:1

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Last Wednesday night a missionary gave a message and he asked this question. Have you ever study out the Hand of GOD?

The Hand of GOD: You might say a figure of speech. However, the hand of GOD points to God’s sovereign power in creation and in His actions on His people’s behalf, especially in His redemption towards us.

Ok, a bit of a Bible study today if you don’t mind. A few verses that speak about the Hand of GOD and how He creates with His hands.

Acts:7:50: 50 Hath not my hand made all these things?

Isaiah 66:2: 2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

Job 10:3: 3 Is it good unto thee that thou shouldest oppress, that thou shouldest despise the work of thine hands, and shine upon the counsel of the wicked?

Job 10:8: 8 Thine hands have made me and fashioned me together round about; yet thou dost destroy me.

Psalm 8:3: 3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;

Psalm 138:8: 8 The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.

Psalms 19:1: (To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.) The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Psalm 95:5: 5 The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land.

Isaiah 48:12-13: 12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last. 13 Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together.

Isaiah 64:8: 8 But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

GOD creates. GOD created the Heaven and Earth. GOD created the seas and the dry land. GOD created you and me. GOD’s handywork with the creation of the firmament. GOD created the moon and the stars. GOD created everything!

Romans 10:17: 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

As believers, we understand creation that GOD spoke this universe into existence by His fiat word. Faith is the only way that you and I will understand how this universe began. We truly believe as Christians that GOD brought this universe into existence and the only way we can know this is by revelation. We have His Word and by the reading and hearing of His Word we gain faith. The Hand of GOD is all around us today and for eternity. Believe upon this daily.

“ You reign in all the earth. You reign victorious. Your power is limitless. There is no one like our God. Great, great, there is no one like our God.”

Timothy P. Furness

2. duckman60

duckman60 Refuge Member

Right on Marty, Psalms 150:6 ....

3. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Amen, thanks for reading and to GOD be the Glory!