Word of the Day, October 17, 2017, Job 12:10

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, October 17, 2017

“ I see the Lord, seated on the throne. Exalted and the train of His robe fills the temple with glory and the whole earth is filled and the whole earth is filled with His Glory.”

Job 12:10

10 In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.

Yesterday’s WOD was about how GOD’s Hand creates. Today is about how GOD holds the world in His Hand.

The Hand of GOD: You might say a figure of speech. However, the hand of GOD points to God’s sovereign power in creation and in His actions on His people’s behalf, especially in His redemption towards us.

So I believe the best way to teach something like the Hand of GOD is by reading and studying His Word to find the answer. So here we go.

Acts 7:50: 50 Hath not my hand made all these things?

Job 26:13: 13 By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.

Psalm 31:15: 15 My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.

Isaiah 40:12: 12 Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?

Job 36:32: 32 With clouds he covereth the light; and commandeth it not to shine by the cloud that cometh betwixt.

Isaiah 41:18-20: 18 I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water. 19 I will plant in the wilderness the cedar, the ****tah tree, and the myrtle, and the oil tree; I will set in the desert the fir tree, and the pine, and the box tree together: 20 That they may see, and know, and consider, and understand together, that the hand of the LORD hath done this, and the Holy One of Israel hath created it.

Daniel 5:23: 23 But hast lifted up thyself against the Lord of heaven; and they have brought the vessels of his house before thee, and thou, and thy lords, thy wives, and thy concubines, have drunk wine in them; and thou hast praised the gods of silver, and gold, of brass, iron, wood, and stone, which see not, nor hear, nor know: and the God in whose hand thy breath is, and whose are all thy ways, hast thou not glorified:

These verses bring a word to mind, preservation. It is by the Hand of GOD that the universe is held together. Paul writes to the Hebrews in chapter one, verse 3 about how Christ upholds all things by the word of His power: 3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Colossians 1:17 states: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Have you every thought about how the world runs perfectly each and every day? Think about gravity, how about the birth of humans, how about how the human bodies work, even the beast, the fowl, the fish, the plants and trees. Amazing right? The sun rises and sets everyday and the stars and moon follows perfectly. How is this all accomplished, by Christ Jesus only. Our universe runs like clockwork today, yesterday and tomorrow. Oh yeah, He created time also. Christ upholds all things by the word of His power.

“ Thy hand, O GOD, has guided thy flock, from age to age: The wondrous tale is written, full clear, on every page: Our Fathers owned thy goodness, and we their deeds record: and both of this bear witness: One Church, One Faith, One Lord.”

Timothy P. Furness