Word of the Day, October 19, 2017, Psalm 118:15-16

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, October 19, 2017

“ O tell of His might, O sing of His grace. Whose robe is the light and canopy space. His chariots of wrath the deep thunderclouds form and dark is His path on the wings of the storm.”

Psalm 118:15-16

15 The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tabernacles of the righteous: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly.

16 The right hand of the LORD is exalted: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly.

I have been writing about the Hand of GOD the past few days and today I want to discuss how GOD’s hand symbolizes His power and that GOD’s hand is mighty.

To help me understand the Word of GOD better, I looked up the word valiantly. It means stoutly; vigorously; with personal strength; courageously; bravely or heroically; performed with valor; bravely conducted; as a valiant action or achievement; a valiant combat.

We could truly use these words to describe how Christ is for us. As believers, we can count on the hand of GOD. He will preserve us, protect us, guide us and never leave us.

1 Chronicles 29:12: 12 Both riches and honour come of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all. 13 Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name.

David is telling the whole congregation that “ Blessed be thou. Lord GOD of Israel our father, for ever and ever.” Everything comes from the hand of GOD and that GOD’s hand reigns over everything. David tells the Israelites that GOD’s hand is power and might. David shares that in GOD’s hand it is to make great and to give strength unto all.

Jeremiah 18:6: 6 O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.

Daniel 4:35: 35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

The hand of GOD created us, molded us as He is the Potter and we are the clay. GOD’s will will be done according to Him and not of us. We must also remember that not only can GOD’s hand lift us up but it can also bring us down.

Amos 9:2: 2 Though they dig into hell, thence shall mine hand take them; though they climb up to heaven, thence will I bring them down:

GOD’s hand is all powerful: 4 And his brightness was as the light; he had horns coming out of his hand: and there was the hiding of his power. Habakkuk 3:4:

Psalm 62:11: 11 God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.

Job 26:14: 14 Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?

1 Corinthians 6:14: 14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

You are our everlasting GOD never growing weary. Our strength is in you LORD filled with power. Our hope is in you GOD, our deliverer. Our defender of as when we are weak, our comfort comes from you and you alone. You are our everlasting GOD and you hand is upon us always as your child.

“ The mighty hand of God that made the heavens and the earth was held by nails upon the cross to bear the sinner's curse. The mighty hand of God undoes the wretched work of sin restores our lost and dying souls to victory in Him.”

Timothy P. Furness