Word of the Day, October 31, 2017, Micah 6:8

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, October 31, 2017

“ God, You have done great things. God, You give grace to the weak and bless the brokenhearted with a song of praise to sing. You reached down and lifted us up. You came running, looking for us and now there's nothing and no one beyond Your love. You're the overflow. You're the fountain of my heart so let Your mercy rain. Let Your mercy rain on us.”

Micah 6:8

8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

“ Mercy not judgment has always been the agent of change.” Unknown Author.

How do we achieve this? To love mercy, to be kind, merciful and compassionate to all, not using severity towards any. We need to walk humbly with our God keeping up a constant fellowship with God, by humility and faith.

We all want mercy from GOD as believers and also from the people in our lives. We have all tried all kinds of ways to please GOD, but GOD has made His wishes clear. He wants us to do what is right. We are to love mercy and walk humbly with Him. We as a child of GOD should examine these areas on a regular basis. A question we should ask is, are we fair with other people? Do we show mercy to those that have wronged us or done something so vile to others? Is our sin less than theirs?

James 2:13: 13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

Only GOD in His mercy can forgive our sins. We can’t earn forgiveness by forgiving others. But when we withhold forgiveness from others after we ourselves have received it from GOD, we show that we don’t understand or appreciate GOD’s mercy towards us or understand GOD’s words.

Matthew 6:14-15: 14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Ephesians 4:31-32: 31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

We must show mercy if we expect mercy. Our own spirit determines our manner of judgment. The mercy from GOD to believers answers that which we have shown and then will be glory over judgment.

As GOD, He is showing Himself kind and tenderhearted in the highest degree, having forgiven us and showing us His mercy. Are we doing the same?

My God is strong enough to raise me from the grave. Your love is great enough to take away my shame. Your mercy reigns.”

Timothy P. Furness