Word of the Day, October 9, 2017, Isaiah 42:12

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, October 9, 2017

“ We are the sons, we are the daughters of God no matter where we go we're close to the Father's heart and though we stumble, He will not let us fall Because we are the Lord's and He will never forsake His own. We are the sons, we are the daughters of God.”

Isaiah 42:12

12 Let them give glory unto the LORD, and declare his praise in the islands.

Today I want to give GOD all the glory. This WOD is not about me or my family but about how GOD can use even us for His glory. As most of you know of my time out with the LORD at Canaan and I have shared many times what a blessing it was for me and my family. GOD used this time to change us for His glory and changed our hearts to really desire to LOVE GOD, LOVE PEOPLE, SERVE OTHERS and to TELL EVERYONE about our LORD and Saviour.

Our lives could have gone the opposite way, away from Christ because we were mad or ask why or we did not deserve this but we decided no matter how hard that would be for us that we would give GOD His glory He deserved. My wife and my girls could have walked away from Christ and even me but they too have decided to follow Jesus. A fool and a sinner decided that Christ would be the only way for me and my house and that we would serve the LORD.

This past Sunday morning I was at church early for Izzy, my youngest daughter’s practice for the Worship Team. The first song they started to sing is my favorite song, “It is Well with My Soul.” As the only one in the seats, I closed my eyes and the tears started to pour down my face and I was thanking GOD for all that He has done in our lives and that it is well with my soul and was thanking Him for knowing our names and that I am so blessed and that we have decided to serve our King, Christ Jesus.

Izzy could have gone a different way because of our trial but instead she has decided to follow Jesus. She is serving GOD’s kingdom with serving in the kid’s ministry, babysitting for couples and regular Life Groups, singing on the Teen Worship Team and also on the Praise and Worship Team for our Sunday main service. This is not about Izzy, but about giving GOD all the glory He deserves and to have a servant’s heart to serve our King, Christ Jesus.

Maddie could have decided to follow the world but has also decided to follow Christ and is serving in Awana with the kids every Wednesday night, works in the nursery with 1-2 year olds, in a bible study with some Godly women that are mentoring her and also babysits for Couples and a Friday Night Life Group. This is not about Maddie, but about her giving GOD all the glory He deserves and to have a servant’s heart to serve our King, Christ Jesus.

My oldest daughter Katie has been serving the LORD all over the world. Her heart is for stopping the sex trafficking trade and to show these girls there is another way and has gone to many countries on mission trips to share the Gospel to these young girls and women that don’t know Jesus and the saving power that Christ has to offer. This is not about Katie, but about her giving GOD all the glory He deserves and to have a servant’s heart to serve our King, Christ Jesus.

I write all this first to give GOD all the glory and second to let you know that as a believer or a non-believer, GOD is faithful and true if when you are down in the dumps, in a trial of your life, see no way out, feel abandoned, think that there is nothing GOD can do with you, that you are not worthy of forgiveness or that GOD does not care about you. Let me tell you different from my own experience that no matter what, if you seek Him, He will change you forever. He is there; He will be your anchor that will hold in the valleys of your life. He is a faithful GOD and Christ is our Redeemer.

Guess what, He used my family and myself for HIS KINGDOM and HIS GLORY and He can use you also if you are willing to be used for GOD’s Glory. The Psalmist writes this: Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake. Not unto my girls, but unto your name we give you all the glory, O LORD.

“ This is my story, this is my song, Praising my Savior all the day long; This is my story, this is my song, Praising my Savior all the day long.”

Timothy P. Furness