words form a shooting victims' father

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by djbowman2, Mar 8, 2001.

1. djbowman2

djbowman2 Elite Refuge Member

I just finished watching a special news conference where the father of the young girl that just got shot in Williamsport PA was speaking for the first time since the shooting yesterday. When asked by the media how he felt about guns and gun control he stated " I own guns myself, they are kept under lock and key, and my kids are allowed to shoot guns under my supervision. It is not fair to penalize gun owners. The girl that did this is lonely and has obvious problems, it was not the gun. If a drunk driver goes out and kills someone what are they going to do, take all of our cars away from us? There is too much crap on tv, that's the problem, not enough family values today." This man said all of this while his daughter lay in a hospital bed 3 floors up from him because of a shooting. I think that this took alot of courage for this man to take a stand. It could have been very easy for him to jump on the bandwagon with the rest of the "nuts" and cry out for stricter gun laws and gun control. I think this man needs to be commended for what he has said, even after this tragic event. The funniest thing about it is that when the media saw him taking this stance they immediatley moved onto the next subject, go figure? I will bet my dog that if he had stood there bashing guns and gun owners the media would have eaten that right up and it would have been headlines tommorrow. Sad day that we live in.

2. Otto

Otto Banned

Damn Media, they got no balls!