World Court Rules Against Predator Control

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by AvianQuest, Jul 10, 2004.

1. AvianQuest

AvianQuest Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

THE HAGUE, Netherlands (Reuters) - The World Court strongly condemned Israel's West Bank barrier Friday, saying it had illegally imposed hardship on thousands of Palestinians and should be torn down.

The ruling said the route of the planned 370-mile barrier, which is about a third built, "severely impeded" Palestinian rights to self-rule.

Israel was forthright in its rejection of the ruling, saying not one Palestinian suicide bomber had managed to slip into the Jewish state wherever the barrier had already been constructed.

The court said in a nonbinding ruling hailed by Palestinians and rejected by Israel that the barrier violated international humanitarian law. It called on the U.N. Security Council and General Assembly to stop its construction.

"They can say the earth is flat. It won't make it legal, it won't make it true and it won't make it just," Israeli Finance Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told Britain's Sky television.

The court's head judge, Shi Jiuyong of China, said in the ruling: "The wall ... cannot be justified by military exigencies or by the requirements of national security or public order.

"The construction ... constitutes breaches by Israel of its obligations under applicable international humanitarian law. Israel is under an obligation ... to dismantle forthwith the structure," he said.

(Yet China built a wall didn’t they? A “Great Wall”. Mr. Jiuyong, "Tear down your wall first")

2. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

When the "World Court" stops the Palestinian suicide bombers, they might have a point. Until then, their a bogus bunch. :rolleyes:

3. mudderducker

mudderducker Elite Refuge Member

walls work. let the diplomats that voted on this spend a week in these Israeli areas and see if they change their minds.

4. Blackbart

Blackbart Elite Refuge Member

Funny a guy from China thinks the wall is wrong. Isn't China where the GREAT WALL thing is located? I think they built it to keep Kahn and the Mongolians out?????????:rolleyes:

5. Marshmaster

Marshmaster Elite Refuge Member

You use whatever works.

6. whistlers

whistlers Senior Refuge Member

And to think some find it's good enough just to build walls around the opinions they hold near and dear?

I'm of the persuasion that feels the individuals over there who seem to be perpetuating the conflict deserve each other and whatever misery is inflicted upon them. Unfortunately both sides have displayed a willingness to hurt the children of their enemies that is why I feel they are both disgusting and unworhty of American aid.

7. TheDude

TheDude Elite Refuge Member

the hague is a joke. milosavich hasn't even gone to trial yet and this bs gets shoved to he front of the queue? hilarious.

8. timberwing

timberwing Senior Refuge Member

Dude,

Sloppy Dan has gone to trial. I watched it while I was in Kosovo, Nov01-May02. I didn't understand a word, but he was on trial.

9. tomno3

tomno3 Senior Refuge Member

screw the world court. they sound like the u.n. neither one has any juice.

10. D.A.N.S

D.A.N.S Elite Refuge Member

Who is teh world court and how can they have teh right to pass judgemant on one nation who is probly not even a member.