Would like to hunt whitetails

Discussion in 'Swap A Hunt Forum' started by Mean Gene, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

I am getting into archery and would like to try and get a whitetail next year. Am willing to travel, cause there ain't any here. :l Not sure what I could offer in return, but I could do ducks and geese at the Lower Klamath refuge, or at the Shasta Valley, Both of which are right near me. Other than that, there is a lot of trout fishing anytime, or steelhead in the spring. Not sure if that would inerest anyone. If it would, let me know. Thanks.

Gene

2. SD H4nter

SD H4nter New Member

PM me I have some people who are intrested in letting you hunting white tail in Burle County South Dakota

3. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Man SD, I forgot about this post. :eek: PM sent.

4. Hunt'em up Rolly

Hunt'em up Rolly Senior Refuge Member

Oregon sure is alot closer to hunt. The whitetail population in Douglas County has experienced a drastic incline since the early 90's. Two years ago I was in Canyonville driving up to my spot and wouldn't ya know it, I almost hit the biggest whitetail (alive) i've ever seen. At least a 6x6. They are a different subspecies of whitetail, but whitetail nontheless.
    I have yet to harvest one, I couldn't find the one I almost hit, so am very eager to keep tryin'.
    Are you a stick flinger, or do you like the smell of gunpowder?
    Not sure which one I will do this year?
    Only hunt I have planned for sure this year, not including opening duck and goose, is a archery hunt in the Hells canyon for elk. Gonna pack in 15 miles on mnt. bike and plan on staying for a week in some of the most beatiful landscape Oregon has to offer. It will be epic!
    As far as southern Oregon goes, never been to K. falls area to hunt for waterfowl. Heard it was really good. Would be interested.:)