would u or wouldnt you

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by born2shoot, Jan 10, 2006.

1. AmiableLabs

AmiableLabs Elite Refuge Member

Similar here. We have a four generation Rice Salad.

I also won't disclose my BBQ rub.

But that is about all I wouldn't give out.

2. SeniorCoot

SeniorCoot Elite Refuge Member

Why NOT??Even with a recipe one needs a tongue to taste with and a feeling for how something should look/taste-- so what's the big deal- I give out my recipes even the ones I sell-I keep ownership so can do it.
    What I do not like is crapola like in Famous Dave's(BBQ) Cookbook- it's good BUT many many recipes call for FD's steak seasoning or FD's BBQ sc- heck I'm not looking to buy his stuff just to make the recipe- it's sold as a cook book not a catalog. just mho.

3. Wharf Rat

Wharf Rat Senior Refuge Member

Secret recipes rub me the wrong way. My Uncle, who no one in the family speaks to any more is the only one who has my Grandmothers Borsch recipe and he wouldn"t give it to his own brother who lives three thousand miles away.Grandma didn't have a recipe so my uncle watched her make it and formed a recipe, she is gone now and as far as borsch is concerned, it died with her.
    My wife makes the best Italian food many people have ever tasted and she will share her recipes with a lot of people, but they all come back and say it didn't come out as good as hers. My wife also has my mothers pizza dough recipe and the two doughs are similar but my Mom's is better and my wife will tell you that.

4. SeniorCoot

SeniorCoot Elite Refuge Member

Wharf Rat-I know where you are coming from- My Gr Aunt in Texas made the BEST fried chix I ever ate- my mom got the recipe and could make it about as good- BUT me I can cook anything BUT not that chix and I have the recipe from both my Aunt & Mom and it's the same.