would you ever fish without a license?

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by roscoe, Jul 8, 2003.

would you ever fish without a license?

1. Yes

46 vote(s)
    53.5%
  2. No

39 vote(s)
    45.3%
  3. rather not say

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. roscoe

roscoe Senior Refuge Member

We were at a family reunion in another state. It was at a cabin on a lake and all my future cousin-in-laws were fishing and catching a mess of little sunfish. I was really bored soo ;) maybe I did do a little fishing of the dock.

2. Shoot2Kill

Shoot2Kill Elite Refuge Member

I don't think any harm was done.;)

3. 3-1/2in.steel

3-1/2in.steel Elite Refuge Member

The only fishing I do w/o a lic. Is surf and off shore fishing.

4. Muskoka

Muskoka Senior Refuge Member

FWIW, the potential penalty is not worth the risk. I'm not wanting to come off all high & mighty, but technically, in most areas, fishing without a license is akin to poaching.

Before I get jumped all over for that, would you go hunting in the fall without all your paperwork in order, or would you risk losing your guns, dekes, truck, boat.....and pay the fine?

I suppose you can figure which way I voted. If it's a private lake on private land you may have a case, but otherwise you've broken the law.

5. roscoe

roscoe Senior Refuge Member

I understand where your coming from and no I would never go hunting without a license in the fall thats something I plan on year round.

Not only that but I was in a different state had no Idea I was going to be spending the weekend on a lake and never had any intention of doing any fishing.

I realize i broke the law and put my fishing rights for the next year in risk, I would absolutly die If couldn't fish for a year.

and not to harp on you but this is a different situation then what you described.

so let me ask you, would you really run 15 miles to the nearest town to get a fishing license and catch sum 2-inch sunfish.

6. Rockblind

Rockblind Elite Refuge Member

22 KM from Stakeblind 4000 KM from Stoneblind's Ho
    I always purchase a fishing license, however in the beginning of the season I always don't have it yet, but I still fish.

7. Muskoka

Muskoka Senior Refuge Member

I guess it's a morality thing with me. I personally won't go if I don't have my card: In Ontario, we have a three year license, so I never really have to worry about not having it....but I always make sure I'm aware of when it expires (Dec 31, 2005 for my current one).

8. Five Shots of #5

Five Shots of #5 Senior Refuge Member

You only need a fishing license here to catch trout.All sea fishing and other freshwater fish you don't need any form of license.
    I always buy a trout license because you know the money goes back to put more fish in the water for you to catch.

9. GulfCoast

GulfCoast Moderate Moderator Moderator

Nope.

10. kjrice

kjrice Elite Refuge Member

With a license being around $10-$15 or so why not have one at all times???