Would you protect others with your cc gun?

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by joe117, Apr 1, 2008.

1. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

Would you protect others with your cc gun?

If you saw a situation where someone was being shot at ....... Would you shoot to defend?

Say you are walking into the Lowe's store to buy some light bulbs....

As you walk across the parking lot you come upon people in two cars yelling at one another about who did what.

They are obviously enraged and you chuckle about the situation as you often do when you see people totally nuts over some silly issue.

But as you pass you se a flash of light and hear a shot, then another....

You turn and see a man shooting into the windshield of a Honda where a woman and small boy are screaming........

You pull out your legal cc pistol and prevent the murder of the woman and boy by putting a round into the back of the shooters head.

You run over to the Honda and see that the woman and boy have both been shot but they are still alive.

You call 9-11 for EMT.

A marked police car arrives and Officer Jones steps out.
    He asks what happened and you relate the event.

Will Officer Jones ask for your pistol?
    Will Officer Jones take you into custody?

2. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Not a diversion, but way too many variables involved in scenarios that aren't directly threatening me or my family's lives at the time to speak one way or the other for sure.

Are there situations where I would defend others, yes.

As for what the cops would do, from what I know I don't think you'd be taken "into custody" but certainly talked to at length. And yes I think they'd likely try to take your pistol.

Some LEO's could speak on that, but you may have trouble getting one to discuss anything with you.:l

3. joe117

Well, it would be nice if they wanted to talk about this question.

I guess you can see that this question was built around what appear to be the facts in the case where the cop shot the mother and child.

What ever you think of the other case, It is clear that at some point the off duty, out of uniform cop started shooting into a car with a mother and child in the front seat.

Someone with a gun in their pocket could easily have thought this was a case of domestic violence gone nuclear.

I just wonder how that good Samaritan shooter would have been treated after shooting a cop….. Even if he had just prevented what appeared to be a murder attempt.

4. Flyby

Flyby Elite Refuge Member

What facts, Joe? The incomplete set of "facts" that don't tell the whole story?:sp

5. Lowtide

Lowtide Elite Refuge Member

I have read from other's accounts that the police will take your gun after it has been used in a shooting. You should own more than one CCW.

6. Flyby

Flyby Elite Refuge Member

Yep, they took mine after my shooting. Don't have a problem with it. It's evidence in case of later criminal charges. If a justified shooting it will be released.

7. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Waterproof (among others) and I discussed this once.

I do see the necessity of an investigation.

I think the question comes in when you turn around the cops have had your gun for a year.:z

8. Waterproof

Waterproof Elite Refuge Member

I didn't bother reading what littlejoe said (ignore is a wonderful feature here at the fuge), but I can say that I have had firearms held for evidence on more then one occasion and I have since got them all back. One of them has actually been held three times.

9. joe117

And let's get this straight... The Washington DC Government and Police department is not in favor of cc or gun ownership.

The Baltimore PD and the Prince George’s County PD is not in favor of cc.
    I’m not sure about the Maryland State Police.

But the bottom line is, Joe can’t carry and it isn’t only the liberal politicians that want it that way.

Hey….. Any of you guys ever get a C&R permit from BATF?

Well I did. And there is a form that has to be signed by the local sheriff… If he just ignores it, at some point it just times out, and a “no reply” is an ok.

Mine timed out…. It took a long time.

It’s not like our rural PD doesn’t have time to sign a paper.

They were…. Shall I say….. Uncooperative.

I got my C&R anyway.

10. joe117

Hey WP..... Glad to see you. Welcome.

My question..... Did the first cops to roll up on Officer White and the two wounded citizens take Officer White's gun?

I mean seriously guys...... Was Officer White able to flash his badge and just stand there shooting the sheet with the officers from the black and white till the EMTs got there?

I have a feeling that if it was Charlie Citizen......the first cops to roll up might have done a felony stop on Charlie Citizen.