Would you rather?

Discussion in 'Upland Game Forum' started by kodyb, Aug 1, 2005.

1. HammerTime1

HammerTime1 Senior Refuge Member

i would have togo for the fowl... :confused:

2. wingmann17

wingmann17 Senior Refuge Member

I have to go with pheasants. Watching my springer work the field is 90% of the fun. Seeing him hit the brakes when he catches the scent is great and then watching him track that bird until he busts it out. I just can't get as excited about waterfowling as I do with the pheasants. Especially when you have a good dog who will bust his a** when he is out in the field.

Wingmann

3. drahthaar1

drahthaar1 Elite Refuge Member

I got started on upland and hunting pheasants but I woul dhave to say my favorite is geese, than ducks and followed close by upland. You get to do more shooting and there is nothing like working a flock of geese and having them respond to you. Simply awesome

Joe

4. Puddle Rat

Puddle Rat Elite Refuge Member

Right now I would say duck, but MAX is being trained to point and retrieve, so depending on how he does out in the bush this fall could have me swaying on the fence :grvn :grvn Having be a dogless hunter all my life, could get hooked on poping bush wit da dog for timberdoodles/pats/phesants :dv :dv

Bottom line:

IT'S ALL GOOD!!!!!!!

Gary

5. Benja

Benja Senior Refuge Member

upland for me, I really like to watch my dog work.

6. normant

normant Senior Refuge Member

I'm such a tramp. When I'm chasing grouse in the Virginia mountains, I can't think of anything better. When a big 'ol honker or a flock of mallards cups their wings and sets into my decoys, at that moment nothing seems more satisfying.

Seems I just love the one I'm with.

In the relative calm of the off season, however, I have to let my dog cast the ballot and she votes for....................................................................
    upland.

n

7. fallsflight

fallsflight Elite Refuge Member

as much as i like to hunt pheasants it would be ducks without a second thought. I love to hunt ducks with the dog.

8. Kessler

Kessler Senior Refuge Member

Ruffed Grouse for me.
    By far the fastest and the most delicious bird I have ever chased.

9. wvlabman

wvlabman Senior Refuge Member

I just can't make up my mind...
    How about ducks from daylight till 9 am then pheasants from 10-3 and ducks again from 3 till dark.... :grvn :grvn

wvlabman

10. drakewoodie

drakewoodie Elite Refuge Member

Thats my choice.....we head out in the pre dawn hours do a little duck hunting/goose hunting then when the birds stop flying we pick up move spots and start chasing the Pheasant and Quail....Would have to say that if i was going to pick one though it would be Bobwhite quail i love walking into the middle of a covey and watching them explode all around me.. i can get four or 5 out of a covey which makes for a quick hunt when you know the land and where they coveys hang out....then its time to get out the #1 steel shot and hunt the Cattails down along the lake shore and do some jump shooting on ducks while working the cattails for the pheasants