Would you rather?

Discussion in 'Upland Game Forum' started by kodyb, Aug 1, 2005.

1. popplecop

popplecop Senior Refuge Member

Love duck hunting, BUT it would be ruff grouse hands down. That chinese import would be down the line after our native upland birds.

2. thatguy

thatguy Senior Refuge Member

Duck hunt in the morning then go hit the upland early evening,,thats my choice

3. quackmaster4

quackmaster4 Elite Refuge Member

Up land hunting is great, but NOTHING compares to having a flock of honkers in your face with their feet down! NOTHING!! :grvn

4. victorlvlb

victorlvlb Elite Refuge Member

Upland hunting for me. Its fun to watch the dogs work.

5. Slinging Steel

Slinging Steel Senior Refuge Member

Ducks, nothing like seeing the sunrise over a marsh :)

6. jon

jon Elite Refuge Member

Upland for me! I have a pointing dog (english setter) so it is no contest for me! Love pheasant hunting. If I had one day to hunt, it would be with my favorite buddy (dog) watching him run and point pheasants.

7. DuckFan

DuckFan Elite Refuge Member

ducks/geese......

can't even imagine not having those mornings in the marsh.........

8. Blindman

Blindman Elite Refuge Member

It would be duck hunting for me. Maybe if I lived in one of the Dakotas, it might pheasants, but there are plenty of ducks where I live.There is something about the whole routine of waterfowling that is all consuming. I like all the preparation that is involved; decoy placement, blind building, calling, and putting up with whatever the weather happens to be each time out. Isn't it interesting how we all get bitten by our own "individual hunting bugs?" I think about waterfowling all year long.

9. Chopper

Chopper Senior Refuge Member

Nothun like sitting in a blind with my son home on leave from the Army. The sun risin over a small set of decoys shinnin through the timber as the decoys do their dance. All is calm when all of a sudden we are startled by a sonic boom as a big flock of ringers starts dropping in from way high. As the ringers reach mac 2 in their dive you can here the safties click. My pup turns his head a little to gain his mark. My son eases up and locks on takes a double. As he turns to me I was so in awe of him growing into the man I wished he would be someday. I didn't even pull the trigger. I tell him how proud I am of him and he smiles and says. You gonna send the dog? Two perfect retrieves and all is well again. So I love both but after thinking about it it is ducks for me.

10. Williefb

Williefb Elite Refuge Member

Quail hunting is hunting at its finest.