Would you support torture for some criminals?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Lip Shooter, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

I don’t care what political party you breathe do you think the pig from Wisconsin who killed the parents and kidnapped the 13 year old girl shoukd be tortured?

I do and would pay to inflict some pain on him.

Seems like any type of simple incarceration is not enough.

Who ever knocks him off in prison should be rewarded.

2. take'm

take'm Elite Refuge Member

He's 21 and guilty. Why even waste money on a trial and prison?
    It's time for an island we Just drop these sick jobs off at and wish them luck...
    Maybe sentinal island?

3. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

Yes. And after the torture, a bullet between the eyes so we don't have to pay for the piece of crap any longer. IMO, anything over a 20yr sentence should be the death penalty since most aren't gonna be able to function in society after that long. Give them 1 appeal and if still guilty, a bullet the next day. No need to have thousands sitting in prison.

Brottboss likes this.
  4. dirtyj

dirtyj Senior Refuge Member

5. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I had a conversation with someone not long ago about this.

Yes, I would support it BUT, we do have something called the 8th Amendment, thus no "cruel and unusual" punishments.
    Who deems what is "cruel" and what is "unusual" ?

If we are willing to give up / amend the 8th to allow such things, can we bitch at those that want to take away another Amendment?......say, the 2nd one ? You know, cause after all, no one NEEDS a gun, just the military and the police and since it was written so long ago, it should be obsolete now (an example, btw).

My views on a few things changed (or somewhat changed) once I became a parent (son is 11, daughter is 13).
    If it was my kid that did such a thing, would my views change yet again ?

There is, in my opinion, "evil" out there (whether I/ we believe its in a spiritual sense or not), and I think there are those that need "put down", but where would I / where do we, draw the line, I dont know.

I'm reminded of a story out of Utah ( I think ) not long ago that was about a guy that was due to be hanged. He purposely gained a lot of weight knowing that once the floor dropped from beneath him at his hanging, his body and head would be severed....thus "cruel" and "unusual". I dont know whatever became of him.

6. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Psychological torture that doesn’t require much resources? Sure. Put him in an all white room with a white straight jacket and all white clothing. A white bowl with water and nothing else in the room- room lit very brightly. Blast heavy metal at about 120 dB for a week straight.

Then behead him in the town square.

WHUP ! Hen and sbezoey like this.
  7. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

If something awful happened to my family, I am sure my sense of justice would change...

But, I would not support torture... Quick, efficient death sentence yes... Torture no. .22 Cal to the head after conviction, and be done with it... Guilty... BANG!

I do not like the idea of these guys sitting around death row for decades and decades... I have trouble wrapping my head around the sense of such. Both costly and pointless.

8. fishmunkee

fishmunkee Elite Refuge Member

Agree with Squaller but if it happened to my family thoughts of a keyster, lots of fishhooks, a lemon slice and a horseback ride may come into play.

TMair likes this.
  9. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

Good Lord!! :dv

10. WHUP ! Hen

WHUP ! Hen Elite Refuge Member

Kinda a double torture, whenever we captured 2 or 3 VC or preferability NVA and they didn’t want to talk. The MP’s would call for a Huey load them up with a translator that them up 1000 feet or more. The translator would start talking to them, if they didn’t want to talk they would kick one of them out, the others couldn’t start talking quickly enough.