WOW! Did you know this about DU?

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by Waxed Canvas, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Ark_Hammerdawg

Ark_Hammerdawg Senior Refuge Member

Damn yankies..... bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,:l

2. feathhd

feathhd Elite Refuge Member

Yankeee eh?:l

3. madduckdog

madduckdog Elite Refuge Member

sence DU got us all those WMAs what has the money from duck stamps bought us.

There is nothing wrong about being about ducks and not duck hunters this gives you more market share.

Delta will be the voice for duck hunters.

I have ask some Local DU fans about public lands none have clamed the WMAs until now!

come to think of it my family has been paying taxes in AR sence before the civil war mmmm so I must have built the WMAs too. Really some real good people donated some of the land for Rainey Brake WMA I beleive the family name was Coffie. don't try to clame DU did so much in Arkansas.

I ask you this has DU spent in Arkansas as much as my fellow Arkansans given to DU.

not one word about hunting in the "Mission Statement"

I think duck hunting is in more danger than the ducks

4. ARKANSAS

ARKANSAS Elite Refuge Member

I don't know if I agree with you or disagree with you. In actuality, I can't understand a thing you said.

5. Big Gumbo

Big Gumbo Elite Refuge Member

Mike DU,

Interesting that you bring up that piece of land in the St Francis Sunkin lands. its the part that is in its what 10th to 12th year of growing up back in timber. Funny thing is that my dad and grandfather both farmed some of that from time to time once and I can not count the hours of my life spent down there on an old Honda 90 3 wheeler, had a blind down there once could still show you where it was at. Funny thing is that its a damned ole rest area now. Not that it matters much cause it doesn't flood nearly like it used to. Its going to be a great deer hunting place in the future but the ducks used it more when it was in agricultural use.

is the 800 acres yu speak of Clear Creek or some land that borders it., I get around this good ole state of ours when its duck season. what improvements are being made there, it was aready ducky especially when everything locks up this way and over in OK. I hunted two miles south of there week and half ago. I do remember being told of the numerous blinds that were owned by locals on the corp land that they finally burned out. And if i'm not mistaken isn't everything within the high water line already game for the public. The white poles, right.

6. Mike DU

Mike DU Moderator<br>Ducks Unlimited Forum

madduckdog - If you look at the sentence before the list of WMAs that AGFC owns you will note it says..."PUBLIC LANDS - We have provided assistance or have purchased and deeded over to the AGFC large tracts of land. Almost all of which are open to public hunting. To list a few projects on public areas………"

I did not say we bought them all. I said PROJECTS..we have provided assistance or have purchased. i.e. we have provided restoration and management improvements to levees, water control structures or the purchase of new pumps or repairs on pumps ect. Many through the M.A.R.S.H program (grassroots dollars raised in Arkansas). Likewise, there are some properties that DU has either purchased or assisted in the purchase and deeded to the AGFC like Raft Creek Bottoms WMA or the Hatchie Coon Tract on the St. Francis Sunken Lands WMA.

YES
    As of the year ending 2002.
    DU funds raised in Arkansas $18.5 million
    DU funds spent in Arkansas $22.2

Arkansas Fact Sheet http://www.ducks.org/community/states/2003/arkansas.pdf

Arkansas Conservation Programs Update http://ar.ducks.org/ME2/Sites/dirmo...re Pages&gid=74A75A9963DE40059BD0B70F6415E6BC

7. Mike DU

Big Gumbo - The property in NW Arkansas is in the Kibler Bottoms and is a 800 acre bottomland farm that will be purchased, restored to hardwoods and moist-soil natural wetlands and deeded to the AGFC. It will be open to hunting.

Management and use of properties that we deed to public agencies or that we assist in restoration is up to the public agency.

8. madduckdog

"YES
    As of the year ending 2002.
    DU funds raised in Arkansas $18.5 million
    DU funds spent in Arkansas $22.2 "

is that this year only or total years past

9. Mike DU

That is total fund raising and expedatures since the begining.

Keep in mind DU has only been working on habitat projects in the U.S. since 1984. Prior to that all money went to Canada.

Total raised in Arkansas in 2002 was $1,525,662.

10. madduckdog

Is there a way to see how the money is spent?

How do you count hours of work by DU members?

this kind of stuff would help DU in the eyes of many duck hunters

I was a member long ago I even have a 40 th sticker.

I turned from ducks unlimited when the fight for the white river started and DU did not take up the cause until late in the game.

does DU now openly fight for duck hunter rights?