WOW! Did you know this about DU?

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by Waxed Canvas, Dec 22, 2003.

1. feathhd

feathhd Elite Refuge Member

Take away the federal Refuge acres and state WMA acres and how muh has DU truly restored?

2. Mike DU

Mike DU Moderator<br>Ducks Unlimited Forum

madduckdog - Yes
    Complete annual report and finacial review can be found at http://www.ducks.org/about/annual_report.asp

Recent press release regarding efficiency.http://www.ducks.org/News/efficiency_rating.asp

Yes, DU openly fights for ducks hunters. Read the following articles on how Ducks Unlimited continues to support hunting and hunter rights. Full stories are linked below.

U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES ENACTS RESOLUTION SUPPORTING SPORTSMEN - DU Continues Effort to Preserve Hunting on National Wildlife Refuges September 24, 2003 –Ducks Unlimited (DU) continues to work toward the preservation of recreational hunting as a compatible use of National Wildlife Refuges. This week DU received important news that House Resolution 362 (the sportsmen's appreciation resolution) passed the House by unanimous consent. The letter signed by DU and the various sportsmen conservation groups in support of this resolution was also read into the Congressional Record. The effort was led in the House by Congressmen James Walsh (25th District -NY) and Sherwood Boehlert (24th District – NY) who expressed congressional support for America's millions of hunters and anglers. Reacting to the passage of the resolution, John Tomke, President of Ducks Unlimited said, "with the incorrect unflattering portrayal of hunters and anglers in the mass media at times, it's good to see that members of Congress recognize the role hunters play in conservation and the contributions sportsmen make to the environment."
    http://www.ducks.org/news/RefugeIssueUpdate.asp

DUCKS UNLIMITED BECOMES OFFICIAL “INTERVENOR” IN REFUGE LITIGATION
    Group Continues Effort to Preserve Hunting on National Wildlife Refuges
    Memphis, TN, August 15, 2003 –Ducks Unlimited (DU), a world leader in wetland and waterfowl conservation, continues to work with others to preserve recreational hunting as a compatible use of National Wildlife Refuges. This week, DU was granted official “intervenor” status in Washington, DC, joining several sportsmen-conservation organizations opposing an anti-hunters’ suit to ban hunting on refuges.
    http://www.ducks.org/news/2003RefugeIssueUpdate.asp

DUCKS UNLIMITED ACTS TO SUPPORT HUNTING ON REFUGES GROUP SEEKS INVOLVEMENT IN REFUGE LITIGATION
    Memphis, TN, May 2003 –Ducks Unlimited (DU), a world leader in wetland and waterfowl conservation, has stepped forward as a willing participant in a joint intervention to preserve recreational hunting as a compatible use of National Wildlife Refuges. The move is being made in response to a lawsuit filed by The Fund for Animals, an animal rights organization. This group seeks to eliminate hunting opportunities on 39 wildlife refuges nationwide, which may lead to reviews of all hunting on the National Wildlife Refuge System.
    http://www.ducks.org/news/HuntingonRefugesMay2003.asp

DUCKS UNLIMITED SUPPORTS RESOLUTION HONORING NORTH AMERICA’S SPORTSMEN MEMPHIS, TN, September 17, 2003 – Ducks Unlimited recently joined forces with the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation and forty-two other organizations in an effort to gain congressional support for America’s sportsmen. In a letter to the Honorable Richard Pombo and the Honorable Nick J. Rahall, Chairman and Ranking Member of the House Committee on Resources, respectively, the coalition of outdoor-oriented groups voiced their support of H. Res. 362, a resolution recognizing the importance and contributions of sportsmen and women to American society and our nation’s economy. “Ducks Unlimited is proud to support this resolution. DU was founded by sportsmen more than 66 years ago, and sportsmen have always played an integral role not only in DU’s conservation work, but in conservation efforts across the continent,” says Don Young, DU’s Executive Vice President.
    http://www.ducks.org/news/SportsmenResolution.asp

Hope this helps answer your questions. Glad to help.

Good Hunting,
    Mike

3. Mike DU

Mike DU Moderator<br>Ducks Unlimited Forum

feathhd - Almost 11 million acres of habitat has been restored in the 66 years of Ducks Unlimiteds existence. State, Federal and private grounds.....it all helps the ducks.

4. feathhd

feathhd Elite Refuge Member

That was not my question Mike.

5. MGDUCK2

MGDUCK2 Elite Refuge Member

What is a yankee?

Same as a quickie, but a guy can do it alone! :l

6. MGDUCK2

Ain't none of what nobody has said on this post helping me kill ducks THIS YEAR!!! Make it Rain! That would help.:rolleyes:

7. Cut-Off

Cut-Off Senior Refuge Member

I can tell ya some of the problems. One is "real time". 20 years ago, 50 years and a hundred people didn't understand why things had happened or were happening because things moved alot slower than they do now. Trends and spikes in the charts weren't seen until after (sometimes a long time after) they actually happened. Now days, with inventions like super computers and satalite cell phones, you can forcast what's gonna happen before it even does. We see things in real time now. I take that back, some people see things in real time. Processes here on Earth take time, some take longer than others but regardless of that fact things don't move as fast when it comes to nature as they do when it comes to doing business.

When somebody asks me what I need, I tell em' a little time. I get a confused look sometimes from the movers and shakers on that one but what I mean is time fixes lots of problems. Sometimes I wish I had a fast forward button.... sometimes a rewind.;)

8. Ark_Hammerdawg

Ark_Hammerdawg Senior Refuge Member

Well said CUT-OFF ;)

9. MGDUCK2

Cut-Off,

Please rewind me about 5 years , Please?