Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

WR full bodies

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by jcour4, Feb 8, 2015.

1. jkern

jkern Elite Refuge Member

Finally have my hands on em. Havnt had any time to really test em out but the material seems pretty thick compared to other collapsible decoys I have handled. Crazy light weight!!

If they holdup the way my first thoughts tell me they will. These will be huge for us platte river honker hunters.

Whiterock...Might as well get started on a honker sleeper right now. :pra

2. swampstomper

swampstomper Refuge Member

Got mine. First thoughts, look nice and seem to be expanding back to shape well. They come smashed in a small box and the instructions tell you to expand them with air and wait 24 hrs for them to regain the original shape. I blew mine up with a quick shot from a hair dryer. Looks like as long as you don,t really wad them up for storage, they should pop back like they claim. Stake system is simple and cool, adjustable for light to heavy winds.

Something to consider is that they recommend storing them in temperature range of 25-75 degrees. The only way I,d be able to store a large number here in TX would be to put them in a climate controlled storage. Unless you got it A/C,d, even a garage here will get to 100 in the summer.

I have some cheap foam full bodies that when left in storage over the summer turned yellow. I painted most with white UV paint and those are fine. One of these new whiterocks is going to get the extreme high temp.test over the summer. I,ll update in Oct..

3. wkochevar

wkochevar Senior Refuge Member

The box (a test 6-pack) arrived earlier this week and my son finally couldn't stand it and opened it up. The decoys do look really nice when at full form and YES the weight is incredibly light. Set up in the back yard they have a nice little waddle in a breeze and did not look bad after the wind picked up....don't know the mph and didn't use the extra gasket thingy's but looked good. The seam is fairly prominent but my bigger concern was going to be it's durability. It seems to be very sturdy and the mat'l in general appears to be thick enough to withstand some abuse. The true test will have to wait until next fall at this point, so like others have said we'll get back then. The one thing I would like to see is 1 or 2/6-pack ratio of uprights to feeders rather than the 50/50 split.....need more feeders.
    Thx

4. Nocalhonker

Nocalhonker Elite Refuge Member

I'm in the same boat as swamp stopper with the 100 degree summer temps. I can't wait to see how they hold up as I have a feeling I'll be loading up with snow decoys. I'd love to see them make them in specs.
    Nocalhonker

5. jkern

jkern Elite Refuge Member

At this point...I have pushed harder on the motion system than anyone ever will. The only way I can get the material to tear is to go for the "air vent" and rip into it like I hate the decoy.

Next is crush the decoy like I intend on packing it and putting it in the freezer, to see how it "pops".

I love the motion system!! Simply for the fact that I will be able to safely stake this decoy in 12+inches of water. I said it numerous times...I wanted to see these for the possibilities for us platte river hunters. I hunt snows, but I'm not a fb snow goose hunter. Im a average joe "pack-in" fall hunter though and this is something our old backs have been waiting for.

NEVER confuse me for a prostaf or somebody up some companies arse to get a black hoodie!! I shun those people, and would rather shoot limits over home made decoys, than put stickers on a damn trailer. But I will give credit where credit is due...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  6. swampstomper

swampstomper Refuge Member

After having mine set out full formed for over a month, the creases have smoothed out. Can,t wait to see the specks.

7. Nocalhonker

Nocalhonker Elite Refuge Member

I hope they make specs. Nocalhonker

8. canpoint

canpoint Elite Refuge Member

Planning to buy 3 dozen canadas. I hope they have some at Game Fair in Minnesota.

9. backwater1

backwater1 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Yep, we'll be at Game Fair with all the new stuff!

10. LUVDUX @ EG

LUVDUX @ EG Senior Refuge Member

Me too!!