Wsm ??

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting Forum' started by MemStockBroker, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Zach Byron

Zach Byron Senior Refuge Member

And how is apples to apples different brands, while the same model of gun in different caliber is 4-5 oz? I dont really care if a Remington is heavier than a Browning, compared to the different calibers for each model, its 4-5 oz. despite the brand, not 1lb difference in calibers within a certain brand which the ORIGINAL argument was anyway!! I could care less if anyone thinks less of me for my "tirade of insults", I meant every word I typed!

2. wigeonmeister

wigeonmeister Elite Refuge Member

Sandwiched in between all the insults you've tossed out toward Waterproof, it's been admittedly difficult to keep up with where you have been going in your desparate attempt to try and argue effectively against the WSM.

And FWIW, our store sold 3 .300 WSM's today. I cannot remember the last time we sold a .300 Win Mag. The word about non-availability of ammo must not have made in out on the streets in the 8+ years since Winchester unveiled the WSM lineup.

3. wigeonmeister

Why, because when you're shopping for a lightweight gun for a hunt in higher elevations, you tend to look at different brands and similar models in order to compare design, weight, fit/feel, and a whole myriad of other factors. That's why. Nobody who knows anything about guns goes into a store if they are really serious about finding the best lightweight model for a specific type of hunting, then only looks at one manufacturer. That is silly, Zach.

4. Zach Byron

Congratulations on your sale! I can think of numerous occasions within the last year that I personally sold .300 win mags, yes plural. Don't even try to cover your failure to read before you write, by pointing the finger. Desperation is far from what my argument was, I stated my facts and let it be, it was your friend who felt it necessary to desperately bring up new information and arguments. As I have said numerous times now, this is going absolutely nowhere, so let it go, you will never see it my way, and I wont see it yours....so just forget about it man...3 pages of this crap is enough!!

5. wigeonmeister

I will guarantee you that in the past year, I've sold more .300 WSM's than just about anything else. The .300 Win, while certainly no slouch, has a notoriety for being big on recoil while becoming a glorified .30-06 past 300 yards, and that is a big part of why so few people want the darn things.

And the omission was of 3 each .300 WSM's today alone.

6. wigeonmeister

Yep, you're right. He really let you have it with all guns blazing.

All WP did was refute what you had posted, then you proceeded to throw out insult after insult, while trying desparately to back up the flimsy argument you were making with exaggerations of what he said.

If you post on this forum, you're leaving yourself open to others disagreeing with you. That is just the way it is.

7. Zach Byron

Thats impressive on your part, however the 300 win mag is used commonly in long range competition still! I have harvested animals beyond 500 yards with mine, with one shot. I feel that it has plenty of knock down power down range, but that is just from my experience. Bullet placement is also extremely important, however thats a whole new topic. I haven't shot, let alone hunted with the 300 WSM, but I would imagine it would be a powerhouse like its predecessor, the win mag. It is impossible for people to agree on everything man, I will keep your cool head in mind when someone makes an offhand remark to you! Its different when you read it compared to if its directed at you, I feel that my argument did make sense, and therefore backed it up with what I thought was valid evidence. Reply if you wish, but I am serious, I am done with this, it is pointless.

8. huntinjustin

huntinjustin Refuge Member

9. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

you guys is funny.

10. beav

beav Elite Refuge Member

I know the manager of one of the "Top" gun and ammo retailers in Virginia well enough to pump him about this very thing. 300WSM and 270WSM are here to stay; the other shorties aren't even close in sales in the east.

That said, 300 WSM ammo is not close to being as available as 300 Win and is about about $10 a box more expensive comparing the same bullet types on the this side of the Big Muddy.