Wyoming Pronghorn Question

Discussion in 'Montana / Wyoming Flyway Forum' started by PrairieDream'n, Jun 25, 2017.

1. PrairieDream'n

PrairieDream'n Senior Refuge Member

I'm hoping somebody on here might be able to give me a little guidance concerning a camping Pronghorn hunt. I can't find too much information regarding camping on BLM or other lands out there. If someone could send me some information on a p.m. about any regulations they're aware of or any units I should look at I would really appreciate it.... I was hoping there would be somewhere I can get off the beaten path and camp and hunt on foot if that's even a possibility. Thanks

2. icebreaker12

icebreaker12 Elite Refuge Member

Which unit are you in? PM me if you prefer.

As for regs, there really are not any. Camp where you see fit. But, you cannot camp on state lands (blue color on the map).

3. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator Flyway Manager

Do you have a link to the map where it could be looked at online? @icebreaker12

4. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator Flyway Manager

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  5. icebreaker12

icebreaker12 Elite Refuge Member

sdkidaho likes this.
  6. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Absolutely .
    Two weeks ago we just drove off of a Freeway exit Down a BLM road a few miles, Set up camp.
    My wife had knee surgery so she uses a 3 legged toilet, dig a little cat hole underneath and cover when we leave

7. salthunter

west of Rawlins June 17th before sunrise
    20170619_052636.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  8. salthunter

Frosty morning. my wife glassing deer antelope and a coyote with a two pair of cinnamons on the reserviour.
    20170610_072231.jpg

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  9. PrairieDream'n

PrairieDream'n Senior Refuge Member

Thanks for the response guys... I'll check out the links. Planning to get one of those gps with landowner info too. ... Glad to see camping and a diy hunt will be as available as I was hoping out there

10. sdkidaho

I did one of these and made sure I bought a GPS that worked well with their product:
    https://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/store/gps-maps/

Works great. It's nice to not only know where you are, but who owns the ground you're on. No land owner disputes that way - well, sometimes there still are but you know without a doubt when you're in the right and some guy is just trying to run you off because he's fooled someone else before.