X' Lander STOLEN

Discussion in 'Alaska Flyway Forum' started by bond007, Oct 9, 2003.

1. bond007

bond007 Senior Refuge Member

Last night I went to the Birchwood Flats from the trail off Glacier near Oberg. I took out my 3 dozen real geese and my x lander. I was setting up to hunt for today. I set up my decoys and put grass in my blind. I decided because the tide was going to be high I would take my blind to the trees and hide it. I was thinking about leaving my $425 worth of calls, and the rest of my gear so I wouldn't have to carry it down today(thank God I didn't). I put it about 20 feet into the trees to where it totally couldn't be seen, plus it was 8:10 and pitch black so I figured it would be safe. I got there at 6:45 this morning and walked to where I put my blind and it WASN'T THERE. I even marked it with a GPS just to make sure I could find it. After searching around and cursing I decided it was gone and that was it. There where 4 wheeler tracks that must have been from the middle of the night because the tide had not washed them away. I went to my decoys and they were all there but there where those 4 wheeler tracks again.:mad: How I wish I could of run into them, oh that would have been fun.

It is a new X Lander in Nat Gear camo, if anybody sees anyone hunting of selling one get their name and number and let me know. My number is 696-1269, Reward

2. dallen

dallen Senior Refuge Member

I'll keep my eyes and ears open. Only a few of these ground blinds around up here, and never seen on in natrual gear up here. Too bad, dont need guys like that out there. Most of us leave our boats... out in the marshes, with the thought that most guys wont screw with other peoples stuff. Guess the wrong one found your stuff. I think its odd that someone found the blind, I usually have problems finding mine when its all grassed up, and I know where I leave them. Maybe they watched you hide it.

3. bond007

bond007 Senior Refuge Member

They had to of seen me hide it, because they went to my decoys to try to find what they wanted and then went to where I hid it and then left. There is no way they could of found it without seeing me put it there. I left at dark and got back by dark and figured it would be safe for sure but that was not the case. I never would of guessed that someone would take it in a million years. I bet the chances of this happening is just about as good as winning the lottery.

4. Ringnecker

Ringnecker Elite Refuge Member

If I was you, I would go back with some stuff and make sure you're seen and lay in wait for 'em. Must be plenty of places up there to hide the bodies.:D