ya know how it is when...

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting Forum' started by discusdad, Nov 28, 2008.

1. discusdad

discusdad Elite Refuge Member

it ain't illinois, now its montana, and glad of it
  2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

That is RIGHT down the road from me, less than 2 miles. I see rams every day. The old ones are very stubborn, don't want to move. If you go slow, you can touch them out the window.

My home builder gave me a 3-picture set of some rams fighting. Setup, approaching, impact. Last year, I plucked some fur out of the butt of a stubborn ram, and taped it to one of the pics.

I live in the Discovery Channel.

3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

This is a bunch of rams and ewes, on the field side of that road:
    [​IMG]

This is a pic of a big fellow that beds down right outside Darby, MT. We would see him most every day.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

I have a ton of pics like this, elk, deer, moose, rams. Raining now, so Satellite won't upload them.

4. tennduckdog

tennduckdog Elite Refuge Member

Livin' the dream! Are you looking to adopt anyone?

5. Native NV Ducker

Actually, being a diehard waterfowler, this isn't the best place. I am about to drive for 6 hours to look for ducks. Taking the trailer.

Now, for Big Game, this is heaven. I also have the Bitterroot River across the street, 75 yards. Full of 17" cutthroat and 'bows.

I am trying to get Nemont ('fuge member) to adopt me. He lives in my heaven.