Yamaha Problems!

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by springerman, Sep 8, 2003.

1. springerman

springerman Guest

I have a brand new 225 Yamaha 4-stroke that threw a rod with about 12 hours on it. Had to get towed in over 30 miles.
    I paid close to $14,000. for the motor and now Yamaha will not give me a new engine. They want to just rework the old one. I feel ripped and dont think they are standing by their product.
    I understand if I was two years into the motor but twelve hours, Come on. They are being real jerks about it.
    Has anyone else had this kind of problem? Would welcome your comments.
    I have been surprised at thier attitude toward the whole thing.

2. Buckmark311

Buckmark311 Senior Refuge Member

we have had problems with our yahama too. th eidle on it is real ruff. it vibrates the whole boat. and yahama wont do anything about it either.

3. Boudreaux99

Boudreaux99 Senior Refuge Member

Don't know anything about the yamahas, but just had to take the oil injection off of my 200 mercury. Finally got sick of having problems. Better off mixing my oil and gas.

4. bigreid

bigreid Moderator Moderator

I guide with a four stroke yamaha here in Alaska and I would say 80% or more of the guides use yamaha without any problems. I have not heard of them not backing a motor. Most of the Saltwater guys have gotten rid of their 2 strokes and run single or twin 225 4 stroke yamahas. I have only heard good things from them.
    I am surprised the are jerking you around. If you haven't already I would contact the headquaters instead of the dealer. I always go right to the top if I don't feel I am being treated fairly.

5. BlazeLab

BlazeLab Senior Refuge Member

that sucks man