Yamamoto's??

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by Duck178, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Duck178

Duck178 Senior Refuge Member

What do you guys think?

2. Muskoka

Muskoka Senior Refuge Member

They're a great bait. They're super soft, and I'm particularly partial to the Hula Grub on a football head for smallies.

Unfortunately, because of their softness they need to be replaced often as they are very apt to get torn up fairly quickly.

Overall, they put a lot of fish in the boat.

3. Duck178

Duck178 Senior Refuge Member

Your right, they are very soft but i never used a better bait.. To me its worth every penny!

4. Shoot2Kill

Shoot2Kill Elite Refuge Member

I had great luck with Gary's product.

5. SunriseSuperman

SunriseSuperman Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Been kicking butt and taking names on Senkos for over 4 years. They worked much better before everybody found out about them.

Was kinda a pros secret for a couple of years down south, now every place around Rayburn, Toledo, and Fork has a supply.

Don't be fooled by imitations. The original is the one to get.

6. lonelyduckhunter

lonelyduckhunter Chesapeake Forum Moderator Moderator

I like them. I'm partial to to Kinami's the only thing bad to say about them is there so soft they are usually done after 1 fish.

7. SunriseSuperman

SunriseSuperman Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Gary has a "Minimum Retail" price aggreement in place with his retailers. They are not allowed to sell Senkos for less than 5.95 per bag of 10.

In order to satisfy the bigger discount retailers, WalMart, Bass Pro, etc. His son started packaging the same product, made on the same line, by the same people, 7 to a bag and labeled them "Kinami Flash". There are a few colors available in Kinamis that are not offered in Senkos and vice versa.

Kinami prices usually run $4.29 a bag so your still paying .60 per bait. You can sometimes finds them marked down which is not allowed on Senkos. Many people don't do the math and say, "Looky her, they're just as good as Senkos but alot cheaper"

Just a heads up on the scoop on Senko vs Kinami.

8. sprig33

sprig33 Senior Refuge Member

I think the Senkos are great, just a little too spendy. Bass Pro has a knock-off called the Stick-o. It's alot cheaper and they come in bags of 20. Draw back is, they're not quite as flexable.

They do catch fish though, and usually hold up to more than one fish.

9. bkhuntfish

bkhuntfish Senior Refuge Member

Senkos are great, but their grubs are bar none the best on the market and very reasonably priced. If you fish for smallmouth you got to have some of these in the boat. Believe it or not they will catch some monster trout as well. A few of the smallmouth lakes here also have alot of trout and you won't catch many but the ones you do are big. Biggest trout I have caught was a 8.5 lb bruiser rainbow on a pumpkin single tail, and I live in the heart of trout country.

10. Cut'em boys

Cut'em boys Senior Refuge Member

hes got some awesome soft plastics. i was lucky enough to get to talk to him and Jimmy Houston at the Boat, Sport, and Travel show this year. Really nice guy. His Senkos were my best bait this year. :D Also the Kinamis you can get at walmart were awesome, the little 5 inch soft plastics, only thing with those is they werent as strong, but still caught alot of fish on em

Curtis