Yes, I'm Trolling.... But

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Boomn4x4, May 4, 2015.

1. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

I wasn't insinuating you did. Forgive me if it came across that way. Just asking.

2. stevena198301

So... According to you, anyone who doesn't believe in your God, is part of the "loopy left"?

Also, can't believe it took 140+ posts to get moved...

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  3. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Hate it got moved since it will get little to no traffic here. While I can't say I enjoy the folks who mock my religion, the debate with some is interesting, and I often learn something. It certainly forces me to question things and attempt to learn more.

4. stevena198301

It certainly seems some threads are tossed here purposefully to die.

5. fishnfool

fishnfool Elite Refuge Member

The threads sort of die on their own when they spiral into multiple different, somewhat unrelated topics, with various different discussions ranging from insults/condescension, arguing for the sake of arguing, intentionally re-directing the topic (sometimes to more though provoking ones), and more rarely a legitimate and insightful exchange of ideas.

I enjoy the discussion when it's actually an exchange about interesting topics, and not a shouting match or a re-hash of a topic that's been discussed to death around here....i.e. The Christian Nation/Founders topic has been beaten to death, and neither side will ever yield, so when the topic spun that way I bowed out.

I'd happily post more on this forum, and religious posts in general if the discussions were of interest and I thought my insight would add to the topic or benefit from it. The nature of my religious views would often detract from the topics posted here though, and I see no benefit to hijacking a good thread that others enjoy.

6. lanthanide

lanthanide Elite Refuge Member

Stevena...I don't think you believe that this was my "take away" message at all...do you?

"My" god or otherwise.

You might answer your own question by honestly looking at what groups are at the forefront of gun control as well as "separation of church and state" issues.

Exceptions do exist, of course. Perhaps you fall into that rather small group.

7. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

You posted an interesting question earlier about WWII, and I would be interested to hear the views of others. You say that there is no interpretation necessary in reading and following the Bible, but I would submit that such a premise is impossible.

With impending genocide taking place, and with which the only way to prevent would be through the violence of war, would Jesus say that bystanders should fight, or turn the other cheek?

8. blinddog

blinddog Elite Refuge Member

You are making this much more difficult than it needs to be.

God is like a parent. Your dad told you not to get into fights when you were young. He also told you to look after your little brother. You see your little brother getting beat up so you kick the other kids azzes to protect him. Are you wrong for doing it? Of course not, your dad might say, "You know fighting is wrong" and then give you that little wink and nod that shows you did the right thing by standing up for your little brother. ;)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be children of God. Were we the peacemakers in WWII?

God knows we will fail in keeping all of His Commandments, it is the nature of man, but an account will be taken of our entire life and all of our choices and all of our reasons at the end of time.

9. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

You are yourself contradicting yourself in this very post. In one breath you say fighting is wrong, but in the next, kicking some kid's azz who is picking on your little brother is OK?

There is nothing simple about the grey moral issues that confound good people every day.

The Bible has a lot of dichotomy, and I believe that with issues such as WWII and the genocide taking place, that you would find a lot of controversy in a theology discussion with any number of clergy or religious scholars.

10. blinddog

blinddog Elite Refuge Member

There is a very simple message in the example I posted. Not sure if you are being obtuse or just difficult.