Yes!

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Russnutt209, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Russnutt209

Russnutt209 Senior Refuge Member

First time in the north somewhere this season. I am very excited. Bringing a first time hunter with me. No ressie but I pulled a decent lotto number, it will be fun either way! Stay safe out there! Russ

Robertd, 7deddux, Powder and 2 others like this.
  2. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Hope you spank'um.:tu

3. Gomer

Gomer Elite Refuge Member

Good luck!!

4. OGblackcloud

OGblackcloud Elite Refuge Member

The NewB or the ducks

callinfowl and Brottboss like this.
  5. Russnutt209

It was a good day. My buddy Jacob got his first birds ever. A nice greenhead and a snow goose. No pictures because he asked me not to take any because of his job. I got a sweet hen wig. It's only the second wig I have ever shot so she's gonna go on the wall wth the drake I shot last year at delevan. My calling was good today. The pond to South of mine did well they were getting all my swing birds wich was cool because they had some juniors. They had to mojos and I had none so that could have been a reason they decided to finish for them. I may take a new refuge for a test drive on the way home. Having a season pass is sweet. Stay safe Russ 20181208_095056.jpg

7deddux, 1911king, Wareagle1 and 8 others like this.
  6. Big Daddy Gaddy

Big Daddy Gaddy Elite Refuge Member

Puts things in perspective a bit. This morning at 8:08am I was hunting alone and complaining about how bad my club sucks. I sent this picture to my blind partner....with the text that our club SUCKS! I picked up a couple more after that and still complained about how sorry the club shoots. You are genuinely excited about a hen widgeon. I miss that 1DB671FE-2425-4B3A-9C04-52B459F354F8.jpeg

7. Russnutt209

That looks like a good day to me! I can count how many geese and wig I have killed with my hands and still have some fingers.. Lol:eek: so this tiny hen is going on the wall....what's hilarious is the spoony I shot with the tracker on it is in my freezer still:l:l

8. Big Daddy Gaddy

Big Daddy Gaddy Elite Refuge Member

Sad thing is it doesn’t matter that I try and see through someone else’s eyes. Can’t. I brought home four ducks today and in my mind today was a mediocre hunt at best. Three ducks worked. I had a pair of widgeon come in, I crushed the drake (closer) and sailed the hen. Single teal worked nice. Dead. That’s it. I killed another teal on a skirting forty yard crosser. Killed a nice drake bufflehead for the pup that buzzed through on its way to some deep canal somewhere. Somehow missed a bootlip straight up at forty...a given nine shots out of ten. He had a pellet or three in him but not enough. My club still sucks and I left unsatisfied.

freefall and Russnutt209 like this.
  9. Pastor

Pastor Senior Refuge Member

I'm still giddy over every duck or goose I kill and I hope that never changes.

10. Canyoncrosser

Canyoncrosser Senior Refuge Member

I’ll never forget taking my clothes off January 20 1996 and swimming in that gravel pit pond to get my first stone dead greenhead that I could see and retrieve but the water was too deep to wade.
    I was so happy we let him ride on the floorboard of the S10 on the drive home so I could look at him more.

I still can’t resist a sunrise, but there are less unique experiences to see as each year passes. I will enjoy watching my son grow and shoot and see his “firsts”. Jr has the fire, but because I do too he will be spoon fed opportunities and I had to hustle for mine which I think made it that much sweeter!

I can only imagine how sweet your firsts feel... good for you!