Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Yet another boat blind thread

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by capttrae, Feb 26, 2018.

1. capttrae

capttrae New Member

got a quick question. Just beauty a new boat. Don’t want to fool with building a blind. I did that last time and had as much or more in it than I would’ve a store night blind. So I’m looking st either a beavertail blind or Avery quickset. It’s going on a Havoc 1556DBST. Would like pros and cons to both and any other options would be greatly appreciated.

2. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

It's a tough one because people generally prefer one or the other. I've been hunting out of a Quick-Set since the mid-90s, and I greatly prefer that style of blind.

capttrae likes this.
  3. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

I have owned both. I prefer the Quickset as it is totally inside the gunnels. It hides your face better if you use the flip tops. Some claim the BT is better in open water or low cover settings....

I built my own scissor blind with flip tops this last go round. I didn't want to pay the factory price.

capttrae likes this.
  4. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

The Avery allows you to walk the length of the boat easily.

The BT requires you to unsnap over head cover or duck and crawl under . Either one was a pain.

5. dwhauss

dwhauss Senior Refuge Member

Quickset is great, add some grass and its good to go. Works well, and you can adjust opening depending on birds, local, wind, etc.