Yet another thread...tongues part 2

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by MojoMayer, Dec 16, 2009.

1. MojoMayer

MojoMayer Elite Refuge Member

Mark 16:[17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
    [18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

You guys that speak in tongues... Do you claim to be able to take up serpents and have the ability to drink poisen without it hurtin' ya?

Can you lay hands on the sick and they recover?

Are you "filled with the Spirit"?

2. wingmastr23

wingmastr23 Elite Refuge Member

Why don't you answer that one? Are you a believer? :cool:

Seriously man - if you are searching for answers.....cool. But it seems like you are attempting to "prove" something that you CAN'T.....

And the way you come across is harsh, and pretty much like a jerk! I don't think you are....I am sure you are a great guy....but you come across this way on the forum....

3. wckrisher

wckrisher Senior Refuge Member

Actually he strikes me as someone in their mid twenties, maybe even a PK kid although you would think he would have better manners, with just over 1 year of Bible training. Defiantly one who is not sure of his beliefs, so he feels he must strike out at others beliefs so that he can feel like he has what he has proven he has not. The good news is if he continues in his walk toward Christ he will find him. Wisdom stands on the street corner calling out may be he will hear.

4. MojoMayer

Auctually I was starting the think some of you guys were comin across dat way???:scratch

It's not a big deal to me though, honestly (not tryin' to be a jerk) there are some very thinned skinned people on here!

And I truely say that with charity of course! (not even kiddin this time):p

Also, as far as "proving" anything it's probably not gonna happen on this forum....but it is entertaining.

5. MojoMayer

6. wingmastr23

wingmastr23 Elite Refuge Member

7. MojoMayer

The one thing that stands out to me about a lot of Charismatics that I have known is they usually have a deep love for Christ...

Wing, if I really thought I could speak in tongues and that it was for church age saints, I would be the frist to do it....

I'd love to go into a Childrens hospital and cure cancer or whatever their need...

I believe God heals, but he doesn't do it through us like he used to... It has nothing to do with a lack of faith on either end.

The Bible teaches that these signs and miracles will reappear during the great tribulation for the Jews, just like in the OT...

But watch out! The Antichrist also shows up with signs and wonders...

8. Docter Duck

Docter Duck Elite Refuge Member

Miracles happen every day!! And Evil prowls the earth seeking whom he may devour!!

9. skiebuster

skiebuster Elite Refuge Member

Mojo, do you believe in 1 God like the children of Israel ?

Or in the trinity ?

10. MojoMayer

How do we go from tongues and healing to the trinity? Sounds like you have your own personal agenda...

Matt 3:[16] And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
    [17] And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Jehovah=Father
    Emmanuel=Jesus
    Comforter=Holy Spirit

One God manifested in three persons...

Here I even drew a picture for you...

Father is God, but he's not the Holy Spirit... The Holy Spirit is God but he's not Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is God but he's not the Father...etc etc

[​IMG]