Yet another tire thread

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by JohnBZ, May 17, 2018.

1. JohnBZ

JohnBZ Elite Refuge Member

I need to replace the tires on my F250. Looking for 265/70-17 E loads. I mostly use it to tow my boat and mid size travel trailer but I will take it in some fields about 10 times a year for hunting. Most importantly I need something with minimal noise and just enough tread to not get stuck for the few times I take it off road. It has goodyear duratracs on right now and i hate them. I'm scared to go with all seasons but am considering them. I don't want anything too aggressive. Basically looking for a very mild All terrain. Any suggestions ?

2. mmayes

mmayes Diver Forum Mod Moderator

I am running the 265/70-17 BFG AT's and love them. They are not loud and wear well. Never been a fan of Good Year tires

Mayes

3. sdhunter

sdhunter Elite Refuge Member

I was going to suggest the Duratracs, but you hate them,,,,just curious as to why (noise, traction?)?

I have tried BFG, Hankook, Nitto, Cooper and the Goodyears, they last the longest in my experience. I am running 315/75/16 on my Dmax.

I was lucky to get 25k out of the others, I'm ready for new tires now, but got 40k out my Goodyears.

Ducker 4 Ever likes this.
  4. JohnBZ

Way too noisy. Plus they have worn poorly for me. Traction was good though.

5. JohnBZ

Ive ran BFG ta ko's in the past. Great AT tire but too aggressive for what I'm looking for. I wouldn't call them loud but they are a little bit more noisy than I'd like. Quiet tires = quiet wife

6. burgawboy

burgawboy Elite Refuge Member

I suggest Toyo A/T Extremes.

Sunklands likes this.
  7. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

I just went to General Grabber A/Ts from Cooper STT Pros. The coopers were OK, but fairly noisy and sucked on ice. We'll see how these do.

8. WARTHOG

WARTHOG Senior Refuge Member

I just got 65,000 miles out of Cooper AT3 10 ply tires. Fairly quiet at highway speeds and tread agressive enough to not get stuck. I have tried them all and these are the best i have ever bought. With these i got 20,000 more miles than with others.

9. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

You can comparison shop and read reviews at www.tirerack.com. I have bought winter tires for my wife's jeep from them after not being able to find them locally. Their pricing was fair, delivery fast, and they work with local tire shops in your area for installation.

10. thatguy2

thatguy2 Elite Refuge Member

Cooper AT3 or Yokohama Geolander AT-S. I lean towards the Cooper. Hankook Dynapro RF04 are a great tire but we’re a little noisy.