Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Yikes its hot

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by LABMAN1000, Oct 5, 2011.

1. LABMAN1000

LABMAN1000 Refuge Member

transplanted buckeye now living in manitoba
    OK, So the other day I was accused of whining . So today I will ... right now Dauphin MB temp 86 f . How the h##l are we suposed to kill ducks in this weather . Tomarrow forecast high of 79f. Now if any of my fellow Canadians heard me complain they would give me a slap and say just wait till it -30 in January . Well then I will be on my snowmobile dressed properly . O well sorry northern states we will just keep your ducks a little longer . GOOD HUNTING :flame

2. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

We have had 1 day of frost since Sept, and it was very light. I'm still into fresh tomatoes and plums off my trees. Mosquitoes are horrid and black flies are swarming again. I didn't hunt in my shorts this am, but I certainly could have. Temp was 55F at 7am and it is in the 70's now. Temp in WPG was around 85F today.

This is ridiculous. I can remember breaking ice on this weekend, and even the last few years we would have some snow in the fields for our thanksgiving weekend.

The snow geese are now just filtering in, and they would normally be heading south by now.

Good luck with that migration thingy.

3. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Elite Refuge Member

Yup, same thing here in the south part of the province, hot as heck. I was out this morning and I'm still seeing groups of Bluewings!

4. WARTHOG

WARTHOG Senior Refuge Member

I would have never guessed that I would make my annual trip to Saskatchewan to Teal hunt? LOL:eek: Hope it improves in the next week or so, but if it does not we will make the best of it with our friends in Canada.

5. Timber1124

Timber1124 Refuge Member

We are leaving Friday for Winnepeg, looks like a pretty decent front is pushing in. I sure hope some birds come with it.

6. TonyMo

TonyMo Elite Refuge Member

I'm heading to northern Ontario tomorrow for the opening of moose season and the forecast says it's not going to get near freezing during the whole week.
    I hate hunting in a t-shirt. Not to mention if we fill our tag we'll have to get the meat to the butcher/cold storage ASAP.
    And I have to bring more ice to keep the "drinks" cold. :yes

7. 3labman

3labman Senior Refuge Member

We are headed up there next Friday and looking at the long range forecast temps are supposed to be back to normal(whatever normal is).

8. Craig'er

Craig'er Senior Refuge Member

Well its cooling off, sort of, maybe, OK not cool, but only slightly above average, and still no frost yet.
    Snow geese are starting to trickle down. In decent numbers, as are the Canada's. I have not seen a huge pile of ducks yet, but that doesn't mean they are not around, just maybe not in huge numbers (and in a normal year this would be a little early)

If you want teal, shovelers, gadwell, and OMG huge numbers of coots (seriously where did they all come from) they are still here, and still infesting every slough around. If this keeps up I might get to shoot a full colored teal, shoveler or pintail.

If your showing up in Sask now, the migration has not hit its peak, but its certainly huntable.

9. DRAKESPANKER

DRAKESPANKER Refuge Member

Was up in central sask last week and it was hot as dang, still managed very excellent success. I don't like hunting as well when it is warm, simply becasue it is not as comfortable, but as far as the hunting goes it seems to make no difference in our success.

10. northerner

northerner Senior Refuge Member

It's hot up here (I'm in Timmins). Looks like there might be a bit of rain Sunday, but otherwise looking like highs around 20C or greater...good luck on the moose hunt, it's getting nutty around here. Seems like every second truck is pulling a trailer, quads, etc.