You Gotta Read This One !!!!

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by La. Legend, Jan 27, 2001.

1. La. Legend

La. Legend Elite Refuge Member

A friend of mine recently attended a meeting at which the featured speaker was George Chandler of the USF&WS Now George is good man and over sees several NWR's in N. La. but during the course of his talk he pointed out something that floored my friend. He stated that when land is bought with public funds and placed in the Refuge System that 40% of it must be set aside for "non violent" activities which includes no hunting, fishing, or trapping. Can you believe that? That hunting and fishing are considered violent acts according to the Fish and Wildlife Service? A lot of these lands are bought with Pittman/ Roberts funds which directly come from hunters but were violent? Man whats thi sworld coming too?

You shudda been here yesterday,
    Legend

2. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

Legend,

It's an outrage, that's what it is. If what you heard is really true, maybe we should pursue getting the details and seeing if it needs fixing.

David

3. La. Legend

La. Legend Elite Refuge Member

David if you can find a source for the guidelines on lands bought with public funds you will find that the verbage "non violent activities" will be present. I'm not smart enough to know where to look for such guidelines.

4. frank

frank Guest

Tell that to the rest of the creatures in that particular ecosystem.
    What do they want? Disneyland?

------------------
    Dead ducks tell no tales.

5. kywaterfowler

kywaterfowler Moderator Moderator

Most Northeastern part of Southeast Central Kentuc
    Non-violent activities? They must not get the discovery channel or animal planet. Them there animals are plum brutal!

I once heard liberal Bill Mahrer from Politically Incorrect say that some animal are gay so what is wrong with people being gay. Well Bill, some animal sodomize and eat their young as well. Is that O.K.??Geeeeshhhh

I hate liberals!!!!

------------------
    You can't change your past but you can change your future.

6. Environ

Environ Guest

Not this one again? Listen, Legend is an OK guy, but he has a hard on for DU, FWS, NRA, and any state conservation dept. and all biologists and game wardens in general. He never misses a chance to pass on a bogus story if it makes any of the above look bad.

Read this for the outcome of this story -

http://refugeforums.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/009372.html