You guys from Iowa must be really proud....

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by takemrarely, Apr 3, 2009.

1. blklabs2

blklabs2 Senior Refuge Member

Instead of the corn state,its the corn hole state:nutz

2. dukhuntrJV

dukhuntrJV Senior Refuge Member

The problem is going to be the more that is legislated the deeper the problem becomes. I think being gay is the same as molesting children, sex with animals. Wrong is wrong. I agree with individual liberty however where is the line drawn? By allowing this to happen we are teaching our children that is OK by example. Are they allowed to have children? We are going down a irreversible path of immorality. Things that a few years ago were common sense are not anymore for some. Alot of the issue is activist judges that overturn the will of the people. Its reallt sad that is something that even has to be put to a vote.

3. dukhuntrJV

dukhuntrJV Senior Refuge Member

By the way I was born and raised in IA and thought much better of the state. I still think it is a representative of middle America.

4. kellys

kellys Elite Refuge Member

I am guessing that you may have children?? If so when an event or practice become a common event then the youth may be forced to learn about it in terms that mom and dad may not approve of, If Gay marriage is accepted in a community then it stands to reason that the people in the community that find it wrong on every level will be expected to accept it as being okay. Since the schools reflect the community they will be inclined to be more open in the teachings that reflect the community as a whole, IE, Gay marriage, Its okay, Explain that to a young person that has no clue as to why its okay, Explain further that its okay even though every youngster knows you have to have a mommy and a daddy to have babies, They figure things out pretty quick. Your a parent that does not agree with that life style but because you live in a community that finds it okay you lose, Your kids are subjected to those teachings and are possibly ridiculed by the other students who find it funny that your kids disagree with that life style. When it gets ugly is when the gays get upset that some one says what they think in public and the real hate speech starts, Being called a homo-phobia, a bigot etc. isn't the best way to deal with the issues but look at the record will you. As far as the money is concerned, Go wait in line to spend it, The tax payers of IOWA will never see one dime of it, It will be spent in legal fees trying to rein in the stupidity they have unleashed on them selfs. Whats so frigging funny is that a ton of people live together instead of getting married, I dint like that either but thats a me thing, When is enough enough?? When its okay for adults to marry dogs?? Sheep?? Chickens?? Why not just open the flood gates and let everyone do what ever they want?? When is enough enough?? When will your stomach turn and make you say enough????? When your child comes home from school and tells you about what they learned today???

5. semo88

semo88 Elite Refuge Member

Kelly, for what it's worth, I think homosexuality is disgusting and wrong. Do I "accept" it? Not at all. I do TOLERATE it though. It has no effect whatsoever on my life. The government should have no say in who can marry who (excluding children), and I find it a little hypocritical that those who preach about small government only do so when the government might infringe on THEIR rights. As long as something THEY don't think is right is being prevented by the government, then they have no problem with the government intervening.

6. kellys

kellys Elite Refuge Member

We agree on this issue for sure, I also dint like the Gov. playing big brother but where is the line drawn?? To legitimize some act thats wrong makes it OK under the law and there for Kay for all people to interpret as they wish, like I said where is the line drawn at what each of us throws our hands in the air and says enough?? Did we as people need to have a law on the books saying that rape was wrong?? Murder was wrong?? Stealing a mans decoys was wrong?? No, These are things we learned from our parents that probably learned the same way all the way back to the teachings of the bible. Wrong is wrong, You don't need a law to say so, But when there is a law saying that it is good and worthy of a law when it flies in the face of logic and decent morality then in fact isn't the Gov. saying accept these things because we say so?? Isn't that in fact oppression of the many for their beliefs?? Like I said, Where at do you or any of us draw a line in the sand and say no more.