You guys save me a few fish now!

Discussion in 'Alaska Flyway Forum' started by Mean Gene, May 13, 2004.

1. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Looking forward to coming up there this August! Was going to drive but with the cost of fuel I checked into airline flights and got 2 round trip tickets to Anchorage for well under $500 total. Now we just have to rent a car. Between plane tickets and car rental we'll come ahead of driving with 10 less days on the road. Would have been nice seeing the countryside between here and there though. With my luck fuel will now plummet to all-time lows! LOL! COME ON AUGUST!:tu :l

2. bigreid

bigreid Moderator Moderator

The King fishing has been pretty good out in the salt and they are starting to show up in the rivers. I haven't been out yet but I think next weekend I will make a trip for some kings and halibut. Of course, we will save a couple fish for you!

3. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Been looking at car rentals today trying to get a good deal on priceline. No luck yet but I'll keep plugging away. I need to get a hotel room in Anchorage on the 12th when we arrive so I've been checking those out today too...those definitly cost more than I'm used to paying! LOL! If any of you guys have a good suggestion for a room in the Anchorage area for Aug 12th I'd love to hear about it. :tu

4. tulegoose

tulegoose Senior Refuge Member

Try priceline,

I got a room in Anchorage for later this month at the Sheraton for 60, if I had booked it on their website it would have cost me 180. It was for mid week in the off peak season, but hey, worth a shot.

Joe