Georgia Flyway Forum Sponsors

you have to see this

Discussion in 'Georgia Flyway Forum' started by volguy, Nov 21, 2002.

1. volguy

volguy Senior Refuge Member

if any of you live around the lake oconee area, you should check out the impoundments on the river at the dam. their holding around 5-10,000 ducks. it was like a little ms delta there today. mostly all woodies, mallards and rings. few teal and mergansers. man what a bunch of ducks though. they have an observation tower so you can view them. too bad you can't hunt down there.

2. EON

EON New Member

That's real good to hear. Our hunting club is just a little ways north of the lake just off a feeder creek running into the river. I've got a nice size beaver pond I've been getting ready all summer. Last year saw lots of migrating birds heading down the creek to the lake and seen several birds on the beaver pond this year. Here's to a good shoot tomorrow. :)

3. Bandtaker

Bandtaker Elite Refuge Member

I wished some of them would work thier way here.Have been hunting and not anything yet.Looks bad.

4. GA Duck

GA Duck Guest

I hunted on the waterfowl area south of Oconee on Saturday. I was fair. We took one Mallard drake and a ring neck.

There were 25 hunters around the area. A few were skybusting so the total numbers were down from what could have been taken.