Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

you just cant fix stupid

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by ALLSTAR 1, Oct 11, 2012.

1. 10ga.crazy

10ga.crazy Senior Refuge Member

Yes some of these poacher defenders have no idea what their own countries law enforcement and judicial system are like when it comes to non-residents of their country. They see a Canadian license plate and it is cause to pull you over and put you through the ringer big time!! If they got that kind of treatment here can you imagine the whining? Hell the way the U.S gov't works it would be cause for an invasion.......:l

2. SeniorCoot

SeniorCoot Elite Refuge Member

Good Point Toye- i do not think any long time hunter can say they NEVER broke any law-2 hen mallards in Wi. a dbl when you need one more for limit- etc- OK quilty but it is not the same as above violation which was purposeful and had more than one aspect to it-anyone caught breaking rules deserves punishment BUT it should fit the Crime.This one is fairly harsh as stated and Foiles more so perhaps because of his stature and the fact that he was making money by his transgressions rather than just wantonly wating a resource.

3. northerner

northerner Senior Refuge Member

I knew there were perks to being Canadian that I hadn't discovered yet! Hopefully the treatment wasn't too "special".

4. northerner

northerner Senior Refuge Member

Scotch doubles (and sometimes triples)...making criminals out of honest hunters. Sometimes there's a need for discretion and an understanding of the intent vs. the letter of the law/regs. Sometimes there's a need for strict enforcement and harsh discipline.

5. Merg

Merg New Member

I am disappointed to see guides give the impression of supporting violations of the law. I would hope that someone who earns his living taking others out to hunt would have the utmost respect for the law. I am fully aware that everyone makes mistakes, but as a leader in the hunting profession integrity should come first. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. I am glad I encountered these opinions, as I would not want my children (who are learning the sport of hunting) to go a field with such a person. Now I know to take my business elsewhere.

6. prairie hunter

prairie hunter Elite Refuge Member

Since you claim "everyone" has accidents on game violations can we assume you have turned over several guns, maybe your truck and trailer too?

7. prairie hunter

prairie hunter Elite Refuge Member

As I noted in a post above, it may not matter how many years they get in suspended hunting ... if they cannot cross the boarder again. :eek:

Sounds like 3 years may in fact be a lifetime.

Same may apply to these men who only picked up a one year ban from hunting in Canada.

8. TOYE

TOYE Elite Refuge Member

And I don't want anyone as a client that can't read! Where in any of these posts have I supported in anyway the actions of these idiots? The only thing I supported was the punishment they received. They did not deserve loss of equipment or jail time which some would have wanted.

9. TOYE

TOYE Elite Refuge Member

Another one with reading problems. You believe that these guys should've been fined more, lose their hunting rights for more than a year, and had their equipment taken away for shooting just over 10 snow geese per person over their daily limit. I'm assuming that if someone did actually have a mistake of one over their limit you would at least want what these guys actually got and maybe throw in a gun or two. Honest mistakes happen and by no means should a ticket be written every time let alone equiment confiscated so to answer your question. NO I WOULD NOT. Now, are you claiming you have never had an accident? If so, did you turn yourself in? I'm guessing that is a big NO. Did you at least impose some sort of punishment on yourself?:l

10. 10ga.crazy

10ga.crazy Senior Refuge Member

Ten birds over the limit per person is no accident and in fact it was 11, 11 x 6 = 66! You and I both know that yes accidents do happen. I have seen it happen when someone shoots the last bird for a count and two come crashing down. That is an accident. Not continually gunning and hiding birds until you are caught. I can remember reading stories about your guiding services in Wildfowl and would have figured from the way the writers wrote you were a guide and hunter of integrity but after hearing all this crap over and over about 66 birds over the limits being an accident?? I have to say I would not recommend your services to anyone except maybe Jeff Foiles and I sure hope you stay on your side of the border to conduct your business!!