Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

you just cant fix stupid

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by ALLSTAR 1, Oct 11, 2012.

1. 10ga.crazy

10ga.crazy Senior Refuge Member

Ten birds over the limit per person is no accident and in fact it was 11, 11 x 6 = 66! You and I both know that yes accidents do happen. I have seen it happen when someone shoots the last bird for a count and two come crashing down. Heck I have had it happen to me. That is an accident. Not continually gunning and hiding birds until you are caught.That sir is no accident.
    I can remember reading stories about your guiding services in Wildfowl Magazine and would have figured from the way the writers wrote you were a guide and hunter of integrity but after hearing all this crap over and over about 66 birds over the limits being an accident?? I have to say I would not recommend your services to anyone except maybe,Jeff Foiles, and I sure hope you stay on your side of the border to conduct your business!!

2. foxfire74

foxfire74 Refuge Member

You guys will probably be shocked to know that Thomas A. Vater is a lawyer.
    Yeah.:eek:

3. SeniorCoot

SeniorCoot Elite Refuge Member

In my reading He( Toye) DID NOT say 10 birds over limit per person was an accident- what i got from it was he said that in his opinion the fines and loss of privileges was stiff enough and fit the crime-also said most of us would have to own up to having shot an illegal bird over the years we have hunted-did most of us turn our selves in NO- am i guilty-??go figure-do i think all violations should be treated the same NO-

4. TOYE

TOYE Elite Refuge Member

I thought most Canadians spoke English???? Read all my posts agian, not once did I ever say that what these guys did was an accident. I am in full support of what they received for exceeding the limit which was aprox. $200.00 per bird. You guys want their heads but the violation didn't warrent that. I was making a point that if you want them to give up everything and their first born over 10 snows than you better be looking yourself in the mirror a little harder when you accidently break the law with one or two. You cannot have it both ways!!!!!!

5. Wood Duck Crazy

Wood Duck Crazy Elite Refuge Member

Not going get onto the mud slinging here.
    I just have a question to those that fell they got a fair penalty...
    What level of regulations do you need to break in order to lose your guns and gear and the privilege to hunt waterfowl (especially in a country that you are a visitor to).
    Very interested in where some believe the line should be drawn at.

6. Merg

Merg New Member

Again, attacking another's character. These are more instances that do not support the example of a professional (regardless of career field). Hunting in another country is a privelage and not a right. When I enter another country I do my utmost to respect their laws and the consequenses that they have established. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. If the people of Canada believe that the punishment was adequate, too light, or too harsh; it is their country and their place to establish the laws. A professional hunter badmouthing fellow hunter's opinions, badmouthing hunting laws/punishments and condoning the violation of the law (even if it is 1 bird over) is unacceptable. These are not the behaviors I would teach at hunters safety. These are not the behaviors that bring support to the hunting community.

7. TOYE

TOYE Elite Refuge Member

15 snows over their limit. :l

Illegal guiding, days of over limit hunting, gross possession limit violations are some but not all that if major enough should result in loss of equipment and heafty fines. If memory serves a guy by the name of Dennis Hunt was busted for guiding up in Manitoba and paid dearly.

8. TOYE

TOYE Elite Refuge Member

You are a troll.

9. Barry Keicks

Barry Keicks Senior Refuge Member

You are welcome to come to canada and hunt with me anytime. Well said Sir

10. possumfoot

possumfoot Elite Refuge Member

agree... i can't beleive i am saying this but i agree with toye.. i have not seen him bad mouth an opinion.. just ask a question of all of you.. that has yet to be answered.. he actually supported the law and the results..

nowhere did he say it was ok to kill "even one bird over", but simply said that it does happen.. and it does happen if you hunt enough.. its againts the law, and should be, and if you get caught, you pay the fine..

merg, i guess you're to daft to understand that he is acctually in support of the laws that are established...

personally, seems fair to me also.. maybe a couple more years suspention of hunting rights in canada, but thats it... if they were doing things like that for personal gain, i say drop the hammer.. (but they were not)