You know what's really strange???

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Tom W, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Tom W

Tom W Elite Refuge Member

While I realize this is going to aggravate some of you, I'm willing to take that chance.

What's strange is that I very rarely come to this section of the fuge because it is not a Christian forum anymore!
    You guys and your "isn't it strange", "did you ever think about this", "so what do you think" BS have taken what could be an excellent place for non christians to come and find out about the Lord, and turned it into a place where confusion rules, and where the devil himself comes to read, because he is so tickled at how he can control the simple minds of some men.

This little section of this website could be a place where fellow duck hunters who don't know the Lord could come and find out about him. Instead it's a place where christians, and more importantly, non christian's come and they are forced to read all the animosity, sarcasm, and beligerence that apparently knows no bounds.
    I seriously doubt....no, I am confident, that not a single person has been drawn closer to the Lord by reading these arguments posted here over the course of the last year.

Some of this stuff I have been seeing here in the last few months is pure, unadulterated, blasphemy, and you guys (and you know who you are) should be ashamed of yourselves. If you have this much doubt, then find yourself a non-believers website and start posting your drivvle there, because you are destroying, I repeat DESTROYING!, what could be a wonderful opportunity to lead people to the Lord.

The LORD of the BIBLE. The GOD that created this earth, and every single living thing in it. The KING, who came to earth as man. The man who endured the same trials and tribulations as we do, here on earth, and who did so without sin. The TRUE GOD who for our sake, gave himself a sacrifice for us, that we may live with him forever in a paradise that he has created.
    The living, breathing, SON of the same TRUE GOD that rose from being dead as a man, and ascended to heaven. The same GOD that sits on high, waiting for the moment that he is to return, to start the process of seperating the wheat from the chaff. That is what should be being discussed here. Not as an argument to it's truth, but as a matter of fact. If you don't believe, then so be it...be the very chaff, that the Lord is going to seperate; but stop destroying the potential for others to be saved. There will not be a single person come to know Jesus, by reading posts filled with doubt, and what if's.

Are you so powerful men, and so sure of your ideas, that you are willing to stand one day, before the Lord Jesus, knowing that you personally detered person after person with your doubts and arguments? Ya'll better check yourselves, because MY GOD is coming.

My God, the Lord of all creation, the Son of God, Jesus Christ, is coming, and he is going to judge you. He will judge us all! When he does, and when it's over, I promise you, there will be no-one standing around asking "so what do you think?"

2. Floridaboy

Floridaboy Moderator Moderator

Making broadstroke judgments on all who use this forum is rather insulting in itself.

Perhaps you should try PMing those you think are doing something wrong and try to work it out with them.

Or try to answer the wrong posts yourself.

I don't get what you are trying to do with this thread???? :confused:

3. greenhead01

greenhead01 Senior Refuge Member

True, But he is really only talking to those it applies to.

Good point. If it works.
    This doesn't work. The people he's talking about just attack truth. It will only create more strife.

He's addressing the comments that come from people who appear to be non-christian or know it all christians. A good discussion is one thing, acting like someone is stupid because they don't have your view or because they believe the bible, is not appropriate for a christian forum. This is more of a "religious debating forum" instead of "Christian Forum - A forum for those that wish to share their faith in Jesus Christ."

4. Floridaboy

I was here when this forum was created.

I don't think the intent of this forum was for bring people to Christ.

It was to keep the religious discussions off the main forum.

However, I understand as a christian a desire to see people get saved, but I have never led someone to the Lord with 10 other people standing around giving their separate opinions of what it means to be saved. That is the problem on this forum if that is what you think this forum is all about.

I could post a thread stating how one could be saved and then others would chime in with their two cents worth, then an unbeliever chimes in with some sarcastic remarks, then someone responds to that, then he reponds back, etc. etc. etc.

If you want to led people to the Lord it is best done in a one on one method that is why I suggested using PMs instead of a thread. This forum and the main forum offers many chances for us to individually respond to people's prayer requests, so take advantage of the opportunities.

5. greenhead01

This is the title of this forum:
    "Christian Forum - A forum for those that wish to share their faith in Jesus Christ."
    If that's not what it's for, change he name to "religious debating forum."
    My experience so far is that there is little friendly discussion and mostly heated debating.

6. Floridaboy

Yes, I understand the title but the reason it was created was due to people complaining about religious threads on the main forum. The same reason for the Politics forum.

Changing the title is not going to change what happens on this forum.

And for the record, many people over the years have indeed shared their faith in Jesus Christ and still do.

7. greenhead01

My point is, this is the Christian Forum. You come on here, look at the threads, see someone asking questions about a scripture. You reply to the thread, only to find out that it's an atheist asking the question so he can argue with someone when they answer. They don't even do that on the political forum. I'm alittle gunshy about replying on here. I know what you're probably thinking, then don't. Maybe I won't.

8. WesternWingshooter

WesternWingshooter Elite Refuge Member

Tom, take a valium.

I didnt post that thread to question Christianity or anyones beliefs. Nowhere did I state that this information abolishes Christianity. I found it VERY interesting to find the same story so closely mimicked throughout history and in differing societies. Just like many different societies have similar stories of the floods, arc's etc. Most all ancient beliefs and Christianity intersect and share MANY common points.

It's obviously something of substance and worth learning about.

I have learned many things from the people on this forum. I have questioned, I have listened and I have learned. Some thing were enlightening and others I dismissed.

I come in here with a fairly open mind and try not to insult anyone's personal belief system. I just have a thirst for knowlege and like to start quality debate. I didnt come in here and say the Bible is BS or anything...I simply ask honest questions that I seek answers to.

BTW, your post says you are FORCED to read these threads. Your not...it's free will.

9. Wiz Bang

Wiz Bang Senior Refuge Member

I loved westerns posts. This place is great to see other points of view. It also helps us to be challenged on our beliefs. As we challenge ourselves we study more diligently and hopefully come closer to God (be it what ever church you belong to). Florida boy's posted some great things also.

Remeber the reformation never would have come about had calvin, luther etc. . . not questioned the church they belonged to and demanded change.

To question is of Christ. For he taught if ye seek me ye shall find me.

Most of us are seeking in our own way. Posting our thoughts helps us see others perspectives and potentially change/strengthen our point of view.

10. jaeger19

jaeger19 Elite Refuge Member

If people hadn't asked questions, then we'd all be JEWISH!:yes