You know what's really strange???

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Tom W, Feb 1, 2008.

1. greenhead01

greenhead01 Senior Refuge Member

There's a difference between seeking or asking questions and posting a question only so you can pounce on the first person to give their opinion.
    That was my point:
    "You come on here, look at the threads, see someone asking questions about a scripture. You reply to the thread, only to find out that it's an atheist asking the question so he can argue with someone when they answer."

2. Wiz Bang

Wiz Bang Senior Refuge Member

no one claims to be an athiest on here. We have jews, born agains, baptists, mormons, gnostic, agnostic, ect. . . (who else have I missed)? I'm sure theirs more lurking.

Different beliefs all backed by the same scriptures. All professing a belief in God and his son Jesus Christ but having different belief systems in the Bible.

Obviously God's word is not as clear as everyone professes it to be. This is why we have so many different beliefs.

By the way the church that is still #1 for membership is The Roman Catholic Church.

3. greenhead01

greenhead01 Senior Refuge Member

Ok. I guess I should've said it's non-christians with loaded questions.

4. Pepperjack

Pepperjack Elite Refuge Member

I think that it is representative of the "real world" and how things work. In Fact.

If you have a thread or topic of which you disagree or feel it is not scripture, I feel that you should not belittle the poster as that will change nothing. Somewhere in the middle is the answer and I have no problem understanding what my Bible speaks to me.

If I can share that and enlighten someone, that is what I want to do.:p

Be blessed today.

Pepper

5. Floridaboy

Floridaboy Moderator Moderator

One things for sure on this one, we need to be ready with answers to challenges to our beliefs.

I have been discussing religion and in particular Christianity on the internet since 1996 and there will always be a few smart alecks, a few serious people, a few jokers, a few loving people, and a few down right mean people. That is just the way it in life and that is the way it on this forum.

Oh and if having your beliefs in Christ gets challenged and it gets you really mad then perhaps reading threads on the internet is not something you should do, after all we are warned to guard against harboring bitterness.

I would suggest all Christians read the book "Finding Common Ground" by Tim Downs. It is will give you insight to communicating with those outside the Christian community.

6. pikerhoss

pikerhoss Elite Refuge Member

Tom, I agree with what you've said. I too don't understand why a non-christian comes on here only to get a christian answer. Of course, they're gonna argue with it. I love a good debate, but after awhile it just reminds me of being around young college( age) religious study majors:l . You know, the kind that have so many ideas and all they want to do is argue with each other!

What would make this a better Christian forum? Any ideas....

7. RefugeHunter

RefugeHunter Elite Refuge Member

Exactly.