You like Black Brant?

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Chris Nicolai, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Spec

Spec Gold Refuge Member

If you want to donate a fire arm to a event you need to take a photo of your Calif driver lic or what ever state you are from and send the gun to the FFL who is handling the event I just did it a couple of weeks ago for a event. Of course I hand delivered the gun myself.

2. Hunter/Gather

Hunter/Gather Elite Refuge Member

Still time to buy raffle tickets for the April 8th drawing if you hurry. I mailed off my check off today. Get on it!

Mitch

3. Cocklebur

Cocklebur Senior Refuge Member

Is this event taking donations for the raffle? If so I would like to know who to contact.

Thanks,

4. Chris Nicolai

Chris Nicolai Elite Refuge Member

Hi Everyone! We have received a lot of great support for our raffle and are getting many inquiries about whether or not raffle tickets are still available. They are and you can purchase them until March 25, 2018. We are extending the deadline because of all these requests and this fundraising is so crucial to our 2018 field season. Given this fundraiser is intended to fill a gap in our funding, we don't want to turn anyone away that wants to help our effort! The raffle date won't change and that will be April 7. Email me at cdeane2@alaska.edu if you want to purchase a raffle ticket.

The prize list now includes 10 hand-carved decoys, 2 shotguns, Tanglefree brant decoys with slotted decoy bags, taxidermy work, and 2 standout prints from @davidstimacphotography.
    These photos are of decoys by @billembacherdecoys (photo 1), Jason Patrick Chuley (photo 2), and an E. Allen reproduction of a Del Herbert decoy that has been repainted by Tom Matus (photo 3) and are among the ten or so decoys we are offering in our raffle being offered in our raffle. We want to express our sincerest gratitude for the dozens of people who have contributed to this effort. It has been a monumental undertaking and we cannot express our thanks enough to those who have purchased tickets, donated items, and helped with logistics.

5. Hunter/Gather

Hunter/Gather Elite Refuge Member

Chris,

There has been a lot of prodding from the brant hunting community here in Humboldt Bay. I hope it had some results as this is a great project to support!

Mitch

6. Drollz

Drollz Elite Refuge Member

ill
    talk to Chris about it being a auction item. It will bring much more money.!

7. Chris Nicolai

8. 707tothe907

707tothe907 Senior Refuge Member

@Chris Nicolai I hope you can respond to my below questions as I know I’m not the only one who is curious.

1. What happened to the sweet 16? It is not showing up on the raffle item google doc, nor in the auction website.

2. On April 4th, there was a Facebook post which states “If you have a winning raffle ticket you will be able to pick from all the remaining items on the list.” Does that mean that the first winning ticket gets first pick? Or does each ticket directly correspond to a designated prize?

9. Chris Nicolai

Figured I'd check in here, and glad i did.

OK, here is the website for the auction items which ends this evening. https://one.bidpal.net/blackbrant2018/browse/featured(details:item/7)

1) I actually met with Alex and his family this week and talked about gun donations. The guys running the event decided to have hunts only for the auction this time. All this online fundraising is new to us and wanted to make sure we knew what we were doing was legal, etc. Given that, we figured Alex's awesome donation would not be best used in a raffle. We are maybe doing another fundraiser in the future and will be able to utilize Alex's generous donation.

2) Yes, the way the raffle will work is that they will contact each person, in order of the pulls, and allow them to choose among the remaining items. That way people get more flexibility in what they get. Some folks might not want one of my crappy decoys, etc!

Good luck everyone, there are some stellar hunts on this. Likely the neatest collection of waterfowl hunts ever up for an auction. Many stand up guys that are giving 100% of the donation to keep the brant project going.

707tothe907 likes this.
  10. 707tothe907

707tothe907 Senior Refuge Member

I appreciate your response. While I was happy to purchase raffle tickets I don’t expect to win anything. Just trying to fuel the karma machine in hopes of a few more tarsals next season.

Cheers, and hope the fundraiser goes even better than expected.