You should see this

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by stuffedgreen, Feb 8, 2002.

1. chad

chad Elite Refuge Member

I just signed the guestbook of one of those wackos. My comment stated , "Why not treat all living things equal? Killing plants for food is just as much killing as butchering a cow. Besides, beef tastes soooooooooo much better."

Maybe they will agree and just stop eating all together. Then they starve and we win right?

2. Charolais

Charolais Guest

Chad,

I don't know about you, but I do know that many of these fanatical organizations are being trained to gather data.

I'm sure you know, everytime you "hit" a site, your IP address is recorded- in most cases, that's fairly harmless. When it comes to people like this, I'm extremely skeptical- I won't go near a site like that without using a proxy.

In truth, people on dial ups are the safest- we are going thru a "rollover" in a chain of numbers, as opposed to someone online that is on DSL or a static IP. However, my IP does reveal me to be pretty darn close to my actual location. And, depending on who is tracking the IPs, and the clout or technical abilities they have, one can be tracked right to the machine they are sitting on.

Granted, PETA/ALF/ELF are pretty consistent with stupidity, but I don't take alot for granted. Not only do I use a firewall, but I fire up my proxy every time I find one of those sites. Then, commence to kickin' some serious ***.

:)

3. chad

chad Elite Refuge Member

No worries....I am using a fed gov't computer with a firewall. I also went and replied to one of thier polls tainting the results in a way that would not please them.

4. Charolais

Charolais Guest

Yesterday, I was in Hong Kong. Today? When I get supper over with, I think I'll be routing thru Portugal.

I love my proxy..........................

Ya know, those AR boards and sites get really weirded out when they see .gov IPs on their logs......... too funny!

5. Golden Eye

Golden Eye Senior Refuge Member

BigBullGator

And don't forget:

1 Snail

:D :D :D

6. BigBullGator

BigBullGator Senior Refuge Member

One of my best hunting buddies works for a state law enforcement agency. I think I will direct him to these sites so he can visit them on his computer at work. The agency he works for is akin to the state version of the FBI. They should really freak out at his IP.

I have previously been harassed by these nuts (actually peta) through e-mail at work, many years ago prior to the common use of firewalls. They somehow got our entire companies e-mail list and spamed us for about a month. If I remember correctly we ended up changing servers or something major to put an end to it. I have also had phone calls and had them demonstrate outside my work place.

These people, especially ALF, are terrorist. I think I too will forward their website to the FBI with my suggestion as a concerned citizen that they investigate them as terrorist. Maybe we all should request this.