You think gun fingerprinting is intrusive?

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by The Other David, Sep 16, 2003.

1. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

This from England, where we got our language and the basis for our Constitution. England, where they want to put GPS in every car so they can determine whenever you speed. England, where guns are banned. England, land of lousy food and good beer.
    David

DNA tests sought 'for every Briton'

DNA is increasingly useful

Every single person in the UK should be compelled to have their DNA on the national database in an effort to prevent crime, a senior police officer has argued.
    Currently about two million people who have been charged with criminal offences have their DNA profiles on the national database.

But Kevin Morris, chairman of the Police Superintendents Association, told the Times newspaper opposition to extending the scheme to every man, woman and child was overstated.

The association will call this week for the extension as a tool to revolutionise the fight against crime and solve hundreds of murders.

Civil liberties campaigners have always opposed the suggestion, arguing it is intrusive to make such demands of people who have done nothing wrong.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3088920.stm

2. Penns-Woods

Penns-Woods Senior Refuge Member

This is what you get when your Constitution consists of whatever a temporary majority in Parliament says.

I'll be there in two weeks. Need to ask my hosts theirs thoughts on this. From my personal experience, most Brits are sheeple willing to trade their rights for supposed security. This will probably be no different.

Very sad.:(

3. whistlers

whistlers Senior Refuge Member

I personally don't care for their beer.

And this is the nation America is partnered with in the war against global terrorists? Makes me wonder how the administration came up with the 'patriot act' so soon after September, 11? Maybe it was faxed to President Bush, from PM Blair on the morning of the 12th?