you will just love this

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by BIGREDGUY42, Feb 6, 2006.

1. BIGREDGUY42

BIGREDGUY42 Senior Refuge Member

Take a Duck or goose breast the goose will have to cook a little more

Make a Pockets in the breats and put a chunck of cream cheese into it put a tooth pick to hold it back together.

Next take some Durkee steak seasoning and rub all over the breast let rest for 1 hour

Take a fry pan out and add olive oil now you want the olive oil nice and hot the way you can tell it is ready the oil will start to smoke a little

Put duck or goose into Hot oil and cook 5 mins for duck and 10 for goose on each side serve warm. Do Not over cook the meat

If you cook this the night before your next hunt your buddys will bug the hell out of you for more

Please let me know how it works for you my wife and kids dont eat duck or goose but when i make it this way its all gone

2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

But, mostly, I just wanted our Avatars back-to-back.:grvn

3. BuckeyeDuck

BuckeyeDuck Elite Refuge Member

:tu I'll have to try the cream cheese thing, but that's about the exact same way I cook 'em. Use Durkee Grill Creations Chicken and Rib Rub and olive oil as a rub / short marinade, cook till rare in a hot pan. Tastes like steak. Here's a picture of mallard and wood duck breast halves seasoned and resting to come up to room temp before going into the pan (sometimes I leave the skin on, sometimes I don't)...

:sp
    [​IMG]

4. BIGREDGUY42

BIGREDGUY42 Senior Refuge Member

Looks good cant wait until its ready to eat :tu